1.    #1  
    I don't know if this coincides with 1.2.1 or whatever, but I am not getting any sound notification for text messages or emails or anything!

HELP
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    there is a button on top of your pre... flick it to the opposite side that it is on.
    Also go to Sounds & Ringtones, make sure that both sliders are set to maximum.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  4.    #4  
    its not the button at the top and the sliders are on... still no sound... ???
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcm114 View Post
    its not the button at the top and the sliders are on... still no sound... ???
    I was getting that with texts messages and even phone calls as well. Not sure what was causing it. I just went to the sounds and ring tones and just selected what was already preselected.
  6.    #6  
    im still not getting sound... does text messages count as "system sounds" or is that just for stuff like sounds when i flick the card away? HELP
    Quote Originally Posted by jcm114 View Post
    im still not getting sound... does text messages count as "system sounds" or is that just for stuff like sounds when i flick the card away? HELP
    Did you put any tweaks on your phone? I did and now I have no sounds for text messages...

Quick question -- when you receive a text do you see the LED just very, very briefly flash (if your screen is off)? That is what I see. I would love to blame this on 1.2.1 and not the tweaks.
    I have LED notifications installed via Preware and don't have this problem. Some of these people do:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...-no-sound.html

Actually see post 16 in that thread. Do you have the SMS Tone for Contact patch installed?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Did you put any tweaks on your phone? I did and now I have no sounds for text messages...

Quick question -- when you receive a text do you see the LED just very, very briefly flash (if your screen is off)? That is what I see. I would love to blame this on 1.2.1 and not the tweaks.
    Nope. no tweaks. but still no sound. I think the screen does light up, but it's hard to say because I'm not sitting there to look when I get texts...
    Another guy had this problem. He plugged some headphones in, and then took them out. That fixed it for him. Might want to try that.
  11.    #11  
    that didnt work... anyone else?? this is really annoying
    If you ringer switch is in the right position and your settings are set to on and volumes are all the way up reboot the pre and everything should be normal. I had to reboot mine to restore sound because when I updated at 1st I had no notification sounds despite the switch and settings being correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    If you ringer switch is in the right position and your settings are set to on and volumes are all the way up reboot the pre and everything should be normal. I had to reboot mine to restore sound because when I updated at 1st I had no notification sounds despite the switch and settings being correct.
    Just to clairify StoneRyno's suggestion of "your settings are set to on"

1) Open your email
    2) In the top left pull down menu select Preferences & Accounts
    3) Click on your email account name to open another settings window
    4) Ensure Show Icon and Play Sound are both on
    5) Open text messaging and under preferences ensure sound and notifications are set to on

I lost email notifications after several tweaks and realized these had been set to off!
    I know this is a very old thread, but I just had the sound troubles too after my first quick installs and patching. I only lost my Card flick swishing sound. After turning off Developer mode and restarting, I got my card flick swish sound back. So it could have been because of Developer mode or a reboot was in order, (but doesn't the Pre reboot every time you do a quick-install and patch tweak?)
    There are three things that can be restarted: the device, luna, and java. Patches typically do luna restart which is only part of what gets restarted when the device is restarted.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.