1.    #1  
    I've been trying to install this with Quickinstall and keep on getting 1 of 3 chunks failed. Everything else seems to install fine. So is it my phone or 1.2.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by olsen10287 View Post
    I've been trying to install this with Quickinstall and keep on getting 1 of 3 chunks failed. Everything else seems to install fine. So is it my phone or 1.2.1?
    It works but touchy , did it earlier and dumped it to see if I could get it again , hit and miss
    It works perfect!!!...if you need help, it is pretty easy to do.

1. you use preware to easily install the patch

2. when you restart your pre, you will see the avatar box on messages you sent, BUT the avatar box will be empty. this means you will have to manually install the avatar pic yourself.

3. You have to gain root access to be able to install your avatar pic.

4. You will need to upload your avatar to a web program where you can get the URL link. I suggest using photobucket (it's free to sign up).

5. now log into the root access of your pre, then type: sudo su - and hit enter. it may tell you to re-enter your password, so do so.

6. type: mount -o remount, rw / and hit enter

7. now type (or copy and paste): cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/ and hit enter

8. now type: sudo wget (your URL of your avatar pic, without the "()") and hit enter......for example, if my avatar link is www.avatar1/2345/1.com, it will look like this:
    sudo wget www.avatar1/2345/1.com

9. now type: sudo mv (filename of the avatar you just downloaded) my-avatar.png and hit enter.....remember to not include the parenthesis when typing the filename you saved your avatar as.......for example, if the file name of my avatar is avatar1, it will look like this: sudo mv avatar1.png my-avatar.png

10. now type (or copy and paste): sudo luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}

11. type: mount -o remount, ro / and hit enter

12. type: reboot and hit enter

wait for your phone to reboot, and enjoy your avatar. Now if your avatar pic comes out looking too small for your liking, just experiment with different sizes of pics till you get it right....REMEMBER THAT YOUR AVATAR NEES TO BE A .PNG FILE
    Last edited by Dabigappledadon; 10/05/2009 at 11:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    @Dabigappledadon

Do you know what the the rez of the avatar pics should be??
  5.    #5  
    Ok i fixed that issue now all of a sudden my date on the top bar disappeared..ugh!..i go to install it and it says "already installed" ok thats cool but its not that there! and when i go to uninstall to reinstall its not there =(..I also did this through quick install.
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    @Dabigappledadon

Do you know what the the rez of the avatar pics should be??
    Honestly, I don't know..but what I do know is that the PRE automatically resizes your avatar to fit the box, kinda Like the way it does contact photos from facebook..usually what I do is to use the same dimensions of my facebook profile photo,because it was resized perfectly on my contacts..so I just set my avatar dimensions the same as my facebook profile photo
  7.    #7  
    ok guys i got a bit of a problem. I wanted to start fresh and delete every patch. I deleted my theme through preware and all the tweaks from quick install. The only problem all of the patches aren't fully gone. They are not detecred in quickinstall so i can't unstall them. Is there any other way to wipe out all these patches and start fresh? I've tried rebooting and shuting it off and so far nothing.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    Honestly, I don't know..but what I do know is that the PRE automatically resizes your avatar to fit the box, kinda Like the way it does contact photos from facebook..usually what I do is to use the same dimensions of my facebook profile photo,because it was resized perfectly on my contacts..so I just set my avatar dimensions the same as my facebook profile photo
    OK, thanks! I appreciate it!