1.    #1  
    Ok, Now a couple days ago i just had my pre replaced because i couldn't hear anyone when i was calling, but the speakerphone worked and i talked to people that way. So now after the past couple days I've finally had time to tweak it back to where i had it. Furthermore after i installed my super mario theme and got all my tweaks back on. Now i can't hear again when i call out. Has anyone else experienced this or what, Im sorry for double posting if i have, just redirect if you can. Furthermore is their a tweak that i enabled that is maybe messing with this or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by right2yadome View Post
    Ok, Now a couple days ago i just had my pre replaced because i couldn't hear anyone when i was calling, but the speakerphone worked and i talked to people that way. So now after the past couple days I've finally had time to tweak it back to where i had it. Furthermore after i installed my super mario theme and got all my tweaks back on. Now i can't hear again when i call out. Has anyone else experienced this or what, Im sorry for double posting if i have, just redirect if you can. Furthermore is their a tweak that i enabled that is maybe messing with this or what?
    Hate to ask the obvious but how are you holding the phone to your ear? Are you sure your finger is not in the way ?
    it happened once to me, the reason being Pre didn't register the previous removal of my ear phone, I just need to re-plug it and then unplug in again.
  4.    #4  
    Nah man what kind of question is that.
    I had this exact problem yesterday. It ended up being the headset jack thinking that a headset was still plugged in. It took a couple of tries, but I plugged in my headset (and also tried a regular stereo headset) and it finally recognized that I unplugged it. Try leaving it in for a few seconds before removing it. You will notice that no sound plays from the music app and you can't hear any of the sound files from the sound preferences settings.
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by right2yadome View Post
    It sounds like you already deduced it's one of your tweaks you applied.
    I usually load apps and make tweaks one at a time with a stop and check to make sure all is okay before moving onto the next.
    Hopefully somebody has experienced something similar and is able to help.
    If not, I would start over and do the tweaks gradually, as a process of elimination.

Edit:
    Try SprintGuy's suggestion first.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 10/05/2009 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Try SprintGuy's suggestion first.
    Just call me Berd.
    Mine stopped working after using headphones, even the store couldnt fix it and replaced it within 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by aezrilov View Post
    Mine stopped working after using headphones, even the store couldnt fix it and replaced it within 5 minutes.
    That's such a an ol' common Palm Treo issue. It would sure be discouraging if that's an issue they carried over to the Pre.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Ive had this problem (or a similar one) for a couple weeks now. I cant hear anyone when I call them/they call me. It rings, but when I answer it theres no communication. I was on a customer support line with sprint and they had me reset my pre to factory settings but the problem persists. I also took it to the store and they told me theyre gonna have to look at it for a couple hours before they decide what to do.

so basically the phone part of my pre is useless. I get calls all the time but I cant answer them because I cant hear them and they cant hear me.

I did notice that when I answer a call/make a call, my EV symbol disappears. when I hang up or end the call the symbol reappears. Im not sure if its supposed to do that though.
    It is the notorious headset jack issue common in treos, centros, and now the Pre. Plugging/unplugging usually works. With the Pre, it is most common when unplugging the headset while playing audio - just plug back in and exit out of the audio app before unplugging. I have had this issue in most of my Palm smartphones - never had to return one because I follow this forum.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    That's such a an ol' common Palm Treo issue. It would sure be discouraging if that's an issue they carried over to the Pre.

unfortunately it did if u use the headphones and they get bend (maybe while in ur pocket) u the earpiece will stop working,because the phone gets stuck on headset mode..

just try to plug and unplug the headset a few times and it will work
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I tried what ChemEngr said to no avail. I did notice though, that when i plug the headphones in, I can hear, through them, the audio from the phone i called. The other phone cant hear me though. I tried exitting the audio app before unplugging the phones and it still doesnt work. Tried it a few times.

never installed any tweaks on my pre either
    ^ you might have a bad mic. have you tried the interactive tests? you may have to get a replacement.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    dude its ur pre not recognizing ur headset is out. search previous posts on this topic.

but in the end for me i had to get my pre replaced.