Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hope everyone enjoyed the paid apps all gone except 1 now

It must be April Fool's day for Palm.

I hope everyone like playing Checkers backwards!! The only paid APP if you can download it
    Holy crap. Perhaps they are having transaction issues?
    Haha yeah. ***.
    yea i thought i was seeing things..but i kept refreshing and watched the number of apps slowly drop
    Probably temporarily pulled because of a bug that's been found that was pretty much giving them away.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Good thing this was all tested!!
    Sorry, my bad...was trying to pull an office space...take $.0005 per download, I got caught :-P
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    There were more than 120 apps, now it's back down to 105. What gives? Perhaps it was just a test or something.

I noticed the new apps, paid and free, were rolling in from about 4 p.m. EDT to 8 p.m. EDT -- which is quitting time in California... then everything stopped.

Now they're all gone except for the freebies and Checkers Pro ($0.99).

This totally sucks... I was planning on checking out a few apps after work. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Sorry, my bad...was trying to pull an office space...take $.0005 per download, I got caught :-P

Haha, glad they pulled the apps, if their that fast to respond when it involves losing money i'm wondering if they will be just as fast to respond to the memory limit complaints in the coming weeks. until today no money was involved.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Did you have enough time to make at least a little cash??
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    They have been temporarily removed while a bug gets fixed per precentral twitter account.
    but why was apps like air hockey removed? That was never public beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    but why was apps like air hockey removed? That was never public beta.
    Because it still could be affected similarly. I don't want to give away the method but basically
    [[Edited by Dieter -- Too close]]
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Because it still could be affected similarly. .
    Hmm... THAT'S AWESOME!

[[ Edited by Dieter - please don't disclose this bug until we know it's been fully closed!! ]]

Nice. My developed applications always show up under installed applications in the App Catalog so you would have guessed they would of tested for that. That's kind of silly if that's really the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Good thing this was all tested!!
    You saw the big Beta banner, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Hmm... THAT'S AWESOME!

[[ Edited by Dieter - please don't disclose this bug until we know it's been fully closed!! ]]
    Basically, i'm just as surprised they didnt test it. which is why I made the thread earlier. didnt know if it was known to them or not but after someone mentioned palm was aware i removed it.
    [[Edited by Dieter -- Too close]]
    Sorry I was trying to not give anything away but you're right I probably shouldn't have even said that much on the subject.
    oh okay i was one of the first to notice this flaw with the "Block Drop" app. I was saying that the app came up as an update because i already had a previous version on the phone. I guess Palm caught up quickly because i just updated a few of my apps for free....he he he....sorry for the Devs...keep up the good work though i'm a willing buyer just keep rolling out the great apps
    Erm, why would it be removed? That's silly; Palm is working on it now and pulled the paid applications.

I'm really shocked and a little appalled they didn't test that, to be honest. My applications showed up under the App Catalog even though I installed them via palm-install.

jhoff80, you didn't really give it away, you just confirmed my suspicion. I thought it was incredibly odd that they had no checks but I didn't feel like testing it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast