Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just remember Palm CAN and most likely WILL remove any app which was gained surreptitiously, isn't that what the whole terms of service agreement takes care of. They can remove things at will from our phones right?
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Isn't it obvious my furry little guinnes pig friend? They did test it... with you and everyone Pre owner across the land.

It's obvious there is no in-house testing of this appstore at this point. This is an open-beta.

Just be glad no bugs that cause multiple purchases to your account (just in case... check your account tomorrow )

Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I'm really shocked and a little appalled they didn't test that, to be honest. My applications showed up under the App Catalog even though I installed them via palm-install.
    I'm just waiting for the time palm uses this kill feature and we get posts that say "were did my calander go?" lol. jk.
    and then there where none. No paid apps left
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You saw the big Beta banner, right?
    It was a joke...yes...I know what beta is...yes I saw it.
    I smell an update this week
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    2,474 Global Posts
    I thought it was just me. I logged on here seeing everyone talking about the paid apps...then I enter the catelog and everything is free! I thought my phone didnt get the memo...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You saw the big Beta banner, right?
    I guess as long as it's Beta any kind of bug is ok. Even if the negative impact to developers is huge. Nice way to stand behind Palm instead of hard working developers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    but why was apps like air hockey removed? That was never public beta.
    I sent Palm a way that I could download any paid app for free. We are not discussing it in public until Palm fixes it.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    I just read an article on everythingpre.com that states that Palm will no longer have an approval process for apps. So all apps will make it into the app catalog with no filter....

This will help them address their resource constraints...but hopefully they will still monitor bugs carefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I sent Palm a way that I could download any paid app for free. We are not discussing it in public until Palm fixes it.
    Erm, it's already been discussed here. Some of it was removed but it's still obvious what the issue was.

I really see no harm in "discussing it with the public" (you are the public, btw) since it cannot be done at all anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    I just read an article on everythingpre.com that states that Palm will no longer have an approval process for apps. So all apps will make it into the app catalog with no filter....
    Ha! That's not true at all. I had to wait in the QA queue for over a month just to have a simple application tested then they forgot to move it into the new system so now I have to wait until Thursday for my application to move into the App Catalog (a free app, btw).

Trust me, they're still testing. The new app submission process displays this to developers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Erm, it's already been discussed here. Some of it was removed but it's still obvious what the issue was.

I really see no harm in "discussing it with the public" (you are the public, btw) since it cannot be done at all anymore.
    Ha! That's not true at all. I had to wait in the QA queue for over a month just to have a simple application tested then they forgot to move it into the new system so now I have to wait until Thursday for my application to move into the App Catalog (a free app, btw).

Trust me, they're still testing. The new app submission process displays this to developers.
    my mistake here. The article on everythingpre.com has been updated. They were referring to apps distributed via the Web.
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    my mistake here. The article on everythingpre.com has been updated. They were referring to apps distributed via the Web.
    Just saw that. Very cool!
    I don't think Palm remove the paid apps only due to security issues. If any body notice some of the paid apps such as GolfPinfinder,WorkOut Tracker,Dungeon Quest which I thought were waaaay over priced are now free. Could it also be some pricing issues or in palms Case an over pricing issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by knowledge365 View Post
    I don't think Palm remove the paid apps only due to security issues. If any body notice some of the paid apps such as GolfPinfinder,WorkOut Tracker,Dungeon Quest which I thought were waaaay over priced are now free. Could it also be some pricing issues or in palms Case an over pricing issue?
    Um. No. GolfPinFinder Demo, WorkOut Tracker Lite, and Dungeon Quest were always in the catalog and always free.

The full versions of the first two apps cost money. In Dungeon Quest, the money spent gave you extra Gems in game.
    Man, that'll teach me to get excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by knowledge365 View Post
    No, it was due to security issues. Basically, you could get the applications for free .
    Apps are back!!!!!!
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    So, since the paid apps are back, I'm taking that the loophole was fixed. But I'm curious what the loophole was. Can someone share that with me?
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    So, since the paid apps are back, I'm taking that the loophole was fixed. But I'm curious what the loophole was. Can someone share that with me?
    Looks like the fix is a patch right now. We are going to wait a little bit to find out that Palm fully addressed it before fully documenting it publicly.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast