Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I can confirm that removing the Package Manager Service 0.9.7 using WebOS Quick Install fixed the freeze issue in the Palm app catalog. Reinstalling it using WOSQI caused the problem to recur.
    Quote Originally Posted by vara411 View Post
    I can confirm that removing the Package Manager Service 0.9.7 using WebOS Quick Install fixed the freeze issue in the Palm app catalog. Reinstalling it using WOSQI caused the problem to recur.
    Yes, we know that. There's a blog post on why it happens, and there is a new application called "Fair Dinkum App Limit" which fixes it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by vara411 View Post
    And I can confirm that if you took a few seconds to read just a few of the posts prior to yours, that you would not have even needed to make this post.
    having saaaaame problem
    fairdinkum apppppppppp
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by spatel14 View Post
    Basically what happens is when I go into the Palm App Catalog and try to download an app, the Pre freezes up for a minute or so (to a point where I can't do anything at all), and then continues with the download, but continually keeps freezing after a few seconds, and after it's down downloading (the download bar is full), it freezes for a good two minutes before it says "Tap to launch". It used to be fine before the update before the last one (can't remember which update it was, it was the one before the very last one we just had). After this update, it started doing this. PERFECTLY fine before that...idk if anyone else has had problems with this, but for those that have, is there anything I can do to fix this because it's really annoying and after downloading a lot of apps, my Pre gets really hot since the screen stays on while it's frozen, causing unnecessary heat.

Thanks guys (and by the way, I'm new here, but I love the site, check it everyday now that I got my Pre, great site!)
    somewhat figured it out. Preware is the culprit.the one thimg that I'm unsure of is install methods. I used advance homebrew preware installer and as soon as it popped up (even before touching package manager icon) app store froze. I uninstalled everything through quick install and its fineno freezing. I'll try woqi for preware and post again but check install method.
    Art165:

Did you read the end of the thread at all? You do know the solution was mentioned about half a dozen times, right?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    just started happening to me as well
    Quote Originally Posted by RPFTW View Post
    just started happening to me as well
    And did the solutions in this thread solve it for you?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    And did the solutions in this thread solve it for you?

-- Rod
    I had the issue and guessed that FairDinkum might solve my problem. It did. Thanks, Rod!
    FYI: The functionality of the Fair Dinkum App Limit package has now been incorporated into the latest version of the Package Manager Service (that's 0.9.12). Preware itself is unchanged.

-- Rod
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234