Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    So is this confirmed that the Package Service Manager is causing these issues?
    It is not certain i am trying to get certain log files for rwhitby to determine the cause.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    +1 me too post!!
    Im getting the freezing also when installing an app from filecoaster or the app catalog.
    Again, I still have all of the tweaks I want, I just use Quick Install to put them on. They're not causing the problem, just Package Manager Service. It's definitely PMS (did you guys think of that when you named this thing?) that's causing the problem.
    confirmed, removing PMS fixed my freezing
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Rwhitby is helping me trying to figure out the problem. If anyone knows how to do Linux command line on the Pre please go to the preware thread and help out. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlhyde View Post
    Again, I still have all of the tweaks I want, I just use Quick Install to put them on. They're not causing the problem, just Package Manager Service. It's definitely PMS (did you guys think of that when you named this thing?) that's causing the problem.
    Well the problem with that is the newest version of quick install uses the pms to do the patchs/tweaks.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm21A View Post
    Well the problem with that is the newest version of quick install uses the pms to do the patchs/tweaks.
    Not sure if it's a problem, but I installed the PMS using QI just to install the tweaks I wanted. Then I removed it. All my tweaks are still there and the App Catalog works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    Not sure if it's a problem, but I installed the PMS using QI just to install the tweaks I wanted. Then I removed it. All my tweaks are still there and the App Catalog works.
    I didnt think you would be able to do that i will give it a shot as a temporary fix. I there any problem removing tweaks if you reinstall PMS?
    Have the same issues here. Not a HUGE deal...as i don't download apps regularly from the catalog....but still annoying.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm21A View Post
    I didnt think you would be able to do that i will give it a shot as a temporary fix. I there any problem removing tweaks if you reinstall PMS?
    I haven't yet tried to remove a tweak yet, but I think you would have to install PMS first or else QI won't allow you to get into the Tweaks menu to remove them.

I installed PMS and Preware to install the virtual keyboard because QI didn't list the VK in the feed. Then I uninstalled both PMS and Preware and it's all good.
    Please go read the following. The problem has been seen and thanks for rwhitby for finding it.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...g-hanging.html
    This problem, and the more general limit on the number of applications that can be installed, has been solved by the "Fair Dinkum App Limit" application that I have just written.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...tallation.html

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Same here! Does it in the app store and filecoaster
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    Same here! Does it in the app store and filecoaster
    Um, have a look at the post above yours ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Mine has been freezing horribly... I'm going to do a couple things later on tonight and see if I can fix the problem.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ny88RiCaN View Post
    Mine has been freezing horribly... I'm going to do a couple things later on tonight and see if I can fix the problem.
    The problem has already been solved! lol

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...tallation.html
    I'm going to install and test this tonight and report back. More verification is always good, right?
    Fair Dinkum App Limit fixed the problem. quick smooth downloading in filecoaster and the app catalog. Thanx!
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    Fair Dinkum App Limit fixed the problem. quick smooth downloading in filecoaster and the app catalog. Thanx!
    Hmm I dunno... I mean between this, the virtual keyboard, themes, and all the tweaks I've been installing either through Preware or through WebOS Quick Install, my Pre is pretty tweaked.

I hate the idea of having to be sure about version compatibilities and uninstalling everything before webOS updates. Almost makes all this not worth the hassle as an end user.

Think I'll just watch from the sidelines for now. My Pre will be converted back to its Tibetan monk state... pure of mind and soul. LOL! Okay I don't know where that last part came from.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast