Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I had the same problem, read through this thread, and came to some sort of conclusion. See, I had already removed PreWare (that's when I first noticed the problem), but I hadn't removed Package Manager Service. So I loaded up Quick Install, removed it, and bam, no lag issues. There still seems to be a very minor (3 seconds or so) lag, but I think this might be normal. Anyway, it's usable again and not frustrating.
    Hmm, I'm seeing the same freezing and I have the Package Manager Service installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlhyde View Post
    I had the same problem, read through this thread, and came to some sort of conclusion. See, I had already removed PreWare (that's when I first noticed the problem), but I hadn't removed Package Manager Service. So I loaded up Quick Install, removed it, and bam, no lag issues. There still seems to be a very minor (3 seconds or so) lag, but I think this might be normal. Anyway, it's usable again and not frustrating.

Have you tried putting back preware since the package manager is update to new version? I still getting freezing also later today i am going to completely remove preware and reinstall to see what happens.
    still freezing with package manager removed and preware updated
    Quote Originally Posted by whiterat View Post
    still freezing with package manager removed and preware updated
    Did you remove both at the same time and installed both again? (Cause you might have saved me some time from doing so. lol) This is weird because it was all fine before the paid apps started to roll into the app catalog.
    wait, so what is the resolution??
    me too.. What do you need to do to resolve this issue? Very annoying
    Did a nice webDr lastnight (due to some unrelated issues) and the AppCat lag was there before doing anything else to the phone. Has to be a Palm side issue. Or just the unlucky few that have AppCat problems. For me Preware/PMS had no bearing on the appcat lag.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    same here man... its driving me crazy!! I have to hold down the power button and it will "unfreeze"
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Mine freezes too, but I can't install any applications. It keeps telling me that I don't have enough space. I deleted several applications and it still won't let me install.
    Quote Originally Posted by kandekilla View Post
    Did a nice webDr lastnight (due to some unrelated issues) and the AppCat lag was there before doing anything else to the phone. Has to be a Palm side issue. Or just the unlucky few that have AppCat problems. For me Preware/PMS had no bearing on the appcat lag.
    Thats great news to hear it isnt preware/pms. I wonder why it is a certain few and not all this is drivin me crazy trying to figure it out.
    I am seeing a complete uninstall of preware and package manager service seems to work i am gonna try and report back.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post1967604
    It Works!
    -I tested it by removing all tweaks i had first to see if that was the cause i got the same effect freezing.
    -Then i removed package manger service & preware and that seems to be it because now i get no major freeze at all.

This is great/bad news. Great because i was able to stop the freezing. Bad because i love preware so much i will make sure to report to the guys in the preware thread.
    Sorry for the delayed response. As QuietStorm21a reported, this is exactly what I did and everything works fine now. No, I haven't tried the new version of preware and package manager as honestly, I don't find it all that useful when compared with FileCoaster, but that's because all I really used it for was installing homebrew apps. I still have all my tweaks on my Pre, but I only ever used Quick Install to put them on there.

I'd like to see a few other folks try this and see if it works for them. Just delete those two apps via Quick Install and see if its fixed. If not, put 'em back on, no hassle really. Try it and report back!
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    It's definitely the package manager service. I removed all my tweaks, Preware, and the Package Manager Service. Then I was able to download an application from the App Catalog with no freezing and no "No more memory" message.

I then just installed the Package Manager Service only using WebOSQuickInstall and it broke the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    boooooo....I have the same probelmo
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    same probs here
    I have the same issue, but I'm not about to give up on Preware. I rather have this issue, as after a while it does download and install the app just fine, just takes a minute or 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I have the same issue, but I'm not about to give up on Preware. I rather have this issue, as after a while it does download and install the app just fine, just takes a minute or 2.
    I am not giving up either but i want to make sure they are aware of a problem. The problem maybe the way the app catalog works now with paid apps or package manager. I have already loaded back preware/pms because i luv the tweaks more.
    So is this confirmed that the Package Service Manager is causing these issues?
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast