Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48
  1.    #1  
    Love the LED notification, but since enabling it, it seems like I don't always get audible notification of emails, texts, etc. It is hit and miss, I can't figure out what the pattern is yet.

    Any one else experiencing anything like this?
  2. kaydb's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #2  
    yup....no sound no vibration
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydb View Post
    yup....no sound no vibration
    Even after you turn the blink off, still no sound or vibration.

    Guess I am going to try to remove this tweek and see if it comes back...
  4. SHO_ONE's Avatar
    Posts
    179 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Love the LED notification, but since enabling it, it seems like I don't always get audible notification of emails, texts, etc. It is hit and miss, I can't figure out what the pattern is yet.

    Any one else experiencing anything like this?
    yup no sound either...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO_ONE View Post
    yup no sound either...

    HELP!!! I have removed the tweak and it still does not work! When a message arrives you see the LED flash really quickly, then......nothing.

    No sound, no vibration. I had no idea that enabling this tweak was going to cause sounds to cease.

    Jason, help please???
  6. #6  
    Sound working fine here, freaked when reading this but just tested and all sounds for alerts are working with LED flash.
  7. #7  
    I got this same problem......it sucks whats the deal!?!?!
  8. Tiffniefl's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #8  
    AHHH Don't THink I Want It ANymore !!
  9. #9  
    This happened to me, but it mysteriously returned today so i can get vibrations and blink. just give it time maybe?
  10.    #10  
    Weird, my sound, vibrate and LED work for email alerts, but only the LED works for test messages.
  11. kaydb's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Weird, my sound, vibrate and LED work for email alerts, but only the LED works for test messages.
    same...I just removed the patch....pointless if that's the way its gonna work
  12. #12  
    all notifications are working fine so far on mine. Did your problem happen right after you enabled LED or you didn't notice the issue before?
  13. IIJBII's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    #13  
    I'm having the same issue. I also cant seem to find the default notification sounds on my Pre?
  14. #14  
    Ive not had a problem with sounds and vibrations yet, for text or emails, with LED notification patch.
  15. #15  
    Maybe thats why it was still commented out?
  16. #16  
    It's not the LED patch that's causing it.. it might be the SMS Tone for contact patch. I've noticed the same thing, so I started removing patches, and when I removed the SMS Tone patch, it seemed to fix it. I still have the LED patch running. If you want to get back to the derfault sounds for the alerts.. WebOS Internals guys have a page on how to do it (it's some sqlite commands). Unfortunately I didn't mark that page on this computer.
  17. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #17  
    Emails and text messages still cause my alerts to go off as well as the LED. Seems OK here.
  18. IIJBII's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by imtravis View Post
    It's not the LED patch that's causing it.. it might be the SMS Tone for contact patch. I've noticed the same thing, so I started removing patches, and when I removed the SMS Tone patch, it seemed to fix it. I still have the LED patch running. If you want to get back to the derfault sounds for the alerts.. WebOS Internals guys have a page on how to do it (it's some sqlite commands). Unfortunately I didn't mark that page on this computer.
    imtravis - thanks. I found this post to download the original sounds http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ification.html - Once I saved the sounds and put them in my Pre "Ringtone" folder (on Pre when in USB mode) I was able to restore the sounds. I don't have the SMS Tone patch installed but this fixed my issue without having to do a complete restore.

    Hopefully this helps others.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbcellular View Post
    imtravis - thanks. I found this post to download the original sounds http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ification.html - Once I saved the sounds and put them in my Pre "Ringtone" folder (on Pre when in USB mode) I was able to restore the sounds. I don't have the SMS Tone patch installed but this fixed my issue without having to do a complete restore.

    Hopefully this helps others.
    But I don't think this is the problem. It is not ringtones that do not work, it is the notification sound on text messages. That is not stored in the ringtones folder of the Pre.

    I tried removing all the tweaks and I still have the issue -- strangely enough the LED is still lighting up for me after removing the tweak even though the setting is not available.
  20. kaydb's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by imtravis View Post
    It's not the LED patch that's causing it.. it might be the SMS Tone for contact patch. I've noticed the same thing, so I started removing patches, and when I removed the SMS Tone patch, it seemed to fix it. I still have the LED patch running. If you want to get back to the derfault sounds for the alerts.. WebOS Internals guys have a page on how to do it (it's some sqlite commands). Unfortunately I didn't mark that page on this computer.

    ahh i see....it's working now.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions