Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Another thing I've noticed now is that with all the tweaks I've included: 4x4 icons, message forwarding, led notificaiton, add a page and my friend has the date at the top tweak as well. We noticed everything is slightly slower now, esspecially the email app. I go to open my AOL or Gmail mail and it takes upto 15 sec to actually get the body of the email up and ready to be read... anyone experiancing this?!?!
    Another possibility: it seems that now, as opposed to pre-1.2, calendar alerts and perhaps other alerts are controlled by the System Sounds on/off toggle. When System Sounds are off, I get calendar vibration alerts but not sounds. Since I like calendar sounds but hate the system sounds, I'm stuck in the middle right now. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
  3.    #23  
    I never used the SMS for contact patch.

In the old WOSQI there used to be a button to remove all patches and restore the backups, why is this button not there anymore?

How do we do this now?

Right now my tweaks show that there are none applied, yet my LED light is still flashing for messages (and no sounds or vibrate).
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Damn it, I have the same issue (have SMS notifications and LED patch). So is there is there a workaround that allows you to still have both or do we have to remove one or the other?
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    I didn't use the Web OS internal patching system..

I just modified those two files, the .jsjsjs $and$ .$html$ $files$ $by$ $hand$ $and$ $I$ $have$ $working$ $sound$.

You sure your ringer switch up the top of the phone is set to on?
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitalis View Post
    I didn't use the Web OS internal patching system..

I just modified those two files, the .jsjsjs $and$ .$html$ $files$ $by$ $hand$ $and$ $I$ $have$ $working$ $sound$.

You sure your ringer switch up the top of the phone is set to on?
    Yep, I get vibrate for emails (which is what I have it set to) and turning on the sound also works. I have no vibrate or sounds for SMS. I just DL the SMS tweak and I haven't assigned any sounds yet, but it should default to the OEM Pre notification sound, correct??

Removed SMS contact sound patch and now LED works and there is sound/vibrate for SMS. Is there something else we need to do to make the contact notification patch work?
    Last edited by MadSci625; 10/06/2009 at 12:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I never used the SMS for contact patch.

In the old WOSQI there used to be a button to remove all patches and restore the backups, why is this button not there anymore?

How do we do this now?

Right now my tweaks show that there are none applied, yet my LED light is still flashing for messages (and no sounds or vibrate).
    I just noticed this as well, but after turning LED notification off in the prefs and rebooting the phone the sounds are back working again.

PF
  8.    #28  
    Well, I guess it is going to have to be a trip to the doctor for me....my first time :-(

No matter what I do, the sounds for text messages never came back.

Crossing my fingers this whole doctor thing works as well as it sounds like it has for many of you!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Well, I guess it is going to have to be a trip to the doctor for me....my first time :-(

No matter what I do, the sounds for text messages never came back.

Crossing my fingers this whole doctor thing works as well as it sounds like it has for many of you!
    Have you rebooted since you removed the patches?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Have you rebooted since you removed the patches?
    Many, many times....and yes everything is set as it should be for me to hear the message notification and vibration.

I just wish there was a way to force undoing of ALL patches regardless of whether WOSQI thinks there are any installed or not. It appears as though the LED patch is on my phone for good and there seems to be nothing I can do to remove it, nor nothing I can do to get that notification sound and vibrate back for text messages.
    Trying running the PreWare Emergency Patch Remove (I think that's the name). It should remove all "tweaks" that were installed via QI and/or PreWare.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    got it working. uninstalled the contact app and reinstalled it. I didn't check before but after I put some mp3's on the phone and set the default ringer and sms sounds, everything seems to be working...
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by imtravis View Post
    Trying running the PreWare Emergency Patch Remove (I think that's the name). It should remove all "tweaks" that were installed via QI and/or PreWare.
    Nope note even that worked .

It appears as though the backed up files (which contain the pre-patced code) must not have been backed up correctly by WOSQI when I installed the patch the first time.
    have led as well and now I don't have sounds when screen is off on sleep mode...not even a vibrate sound, what's going on, its only when the phone goes into sleep ...
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    have led as well and now I don't have sounds when screen is off on sleep mode...not even a vibrate sound, what's going on, its only when the phone goes into sleep ...
    How did you install the LED patch? WOSQI? Preware?

I went the WOSQI route, I wonder if that makes a difference?
    Did you turn the setting off in the Screen & Lock app before removing the tweak? My understanding is that the tweak just enables the on/off switch in the prefs for a system setting Palm already had in there, so it probably stays set even if you take the GUI control away again...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    Did you turn the setting off in the Screen & Lock app before removing the tweak? My understanding is that the tweak just enables the on/off switch in the prefs for a system setting Palm already had in there, so it probably stays set even if you take the GUI control away again...
    Yeah, I thought of that too. So I reinstalled the patch tested turning it on and off, and it worked (albeit with no sound or vibrate), then removed the patch (while it was turned off) and the LED would then blink.

I think the issue has to deal with backup files. When a patch is installed, the files that are being replaced are backed up, then if the patch is removed those backed up files are placed back where the altered ones are. Thus if the altered ones ended up being the backup, it would make sense that the LED patch is always enabled -- restoring the back just becomes restoring the patch. NOTE: I do not know this for a fact, but I think it does based on other comments that I have seen.
    I am using nearly every patch there is, and my LED and sounds work fine.

It all depends on what order you do them in.

I also don't experience any slow-downs.
    no 'Thanks'
    yes, you have to disable the LED switch under screen lock app.then remove the patch.or ,you will still get the light if you dont disable it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    I am using nearly every patch there is, and my LED and sounds work fine.

It all depends on what order you do them in.

I also don't experience any slow-downs.
    In which order should I apply my tweaks to ensure they will all work properly?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast