Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    anyone know of a fix for this? i'm having the issue where my touchscreen won't work unless the USB is plugged in.

at first it would go back to normal after a restart, but since this morning it has to be plugged in. not charging, just plugged in. :/

pushing on the usb port helps, as was mentioned in a previous post, but is there anything else known?

thanks. i'd really like to get this sorted.
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    anyone know of a fix for this? i'm having the issue where my touchscreen won't work unless the USB is plugged in.

at first it would go back to normal after a restart, but since this morning it has to be plugged in. not charging, just plugged in. :/

pushing on the usb port helps, as was mentioned in a previous post, but is there anything else known?

thanks. i'd really like to get this sorted.
    Try this:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...xed-maybe.html
    After<messing> with this dang phone for nearly 3 hours!!!! Wow, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by go2car View Post
    ... just happened to me tonite, and being my 3rd pre already - was/is in utter disbelief.

i tried:
    - battery removal
    - restarts (button/volume switch)
    - attempting typing my way out of it...

what worked:
    "gently" bending the screen towards me while holding the keypad. ("as if" you wanted to snap it in half out of frustration.)

(perhaps there's a dirty connection underneath the screen - or it got/is misaligned from actually using it. maybe i'll try some compressed air for kicks)

conclusion:
    ...i'm really spending too much time trying to 'fix' this phone, then 'use' it.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 11/26/2010 at 07:45 AM. Reason: language
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    My touch screen just stop working too going to sprint store today hopefully I can get a replacement
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    got a replacement the in an hour... Can't beat that lol .. Good again hopefully until the next HPalm phone
    Is it possible the issue with the screen becoming unresponsive is due to homebrew use or kernel tweaking (like with the voltage or overclocking)?
    No, I had one get this even before I put it into dev mode.

It seems related to either the connection becoming loose (and somehow fiddling with the usb jack jiggles things into place), or the circuits/logic act differently. My concern for you is that once this happens, it seems to happen more and more frequently...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Ok, thanks. It's the oddest thing! I hope it doesn't get worse. I'm trying to hold out until the announcement tomorrow to see if, and when, there will be a replacement device on Sprint!
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Thanks so much for this fix guys!! My pre fell while attached to the usb cord and the screen stopped working! After realizing I could not get to the sprint store for 4 days I knew precentral would have a fix!
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Bending worked for me too. I was worried I might have to get a new phone to use for a week prior to receiving the 4S, but this tricked helped. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by go2car View Post
    ... just happened to me tonite, and being my 3rd pre already - was/is in utter disbelief.

i tried:
    - battery removal
    - restarts (button/volume switch)
    - attempting typing my way out of it...

what worked:
    "gently" bending the screen towards me while holding the keypad. ("as if" you wanted to snap it in half out of frustration.)

(perhaps there's a dirty connection underneath the screen - or it got/is misaligned from actually using it. maybe i'll try some compressed air for kicks)

conclusion:
    ...i'm really spending too much time trying to 'fix' this phone, then 'use' it.
    Sprint Palm Pre
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123