Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    They are still playing the game like there is nothing is wrong, nothing is in the works to fix it and just delete unwanted APPS.

So it looks like we all just bought a 8GB phone that can only install 40 apps or so.

Last edited by michaelrj; 10/05/2009 at 08:01 PM.
    app limit is stupid, I hope palm get their brains straight.
    no kiddin, this is a terrible annoyance. they dont limit the app to a tiny folder/partition of the built-in storage on Android/Apple devices do they? ive got way less than 40s and im already hittin limit
    So, you call Palm Support and expect that they will give you a straight answer about future plans? Of course they are working on adjusting the amount of space for apps. Give it time, probably a week or two.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    What do you need all those apps for? The App Catalog already has more apps than your Pre can handle.
    Why did you buy a 8GB phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    What do you need all those apps for? The App Catalog already has more apps than your Pre can handle.
    That's the dumbest comment I ever heard.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    So, you call Palm Support and expect that they will give you a straight answer about future plans? Of course they are working on adjusting the amount of space for apps. Give it time, probably a week or two.
    We gave them 3 months haven't We?
    must agree this seems pretty ignorant at this point in time, the app limit has been a problem for weeks now and with two updates and the release of the app catalog for real seems this problem would have gone away. i would think it pretty simple to change partition sizes and not that smart to have done in the first place. i have yet to have the message and have over 50 most installed with preware. sorry feel anyone has the right to have as many as they wish especially the ones they want to buy.
    Palm is working on it. Support doesn't know what development is doing.
    It's beginning to get really annoying getting the "sorry, not enough memory" message. Palm needs to fix this. I have 25 apps, just had to delete a few to get the Classic update. I know I don't "technically" need that many apps, but my (retired) 1st gen iPhone 8GB has way more than 25 apps.

The majority of storage is dedicated to media (music, videos), but I'd rather load up my Pre with apps. I use an iPod for my media.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Im sending this tips to engadget and gizmodo, palm need public pressure for this. I wont tolerate crappy behavior.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Palm is working on it. Support doesn't know what development is doing.
    Oh you must work for them Huh
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Week or two huh? This issue has been well known since the Pre was 1st released. Several Webos updates later and the issue still exists with no comment from Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by leucus View Post
    i have yet to have the message and have over 50 most installed with preware.
    Preware bypasses the app limit. Try to install an app from the App Catalog.
    Last edited by DeathsArrow; 10/05/2009 at 08:39 PM.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Huff View Post
    Week or two huh? This issue has been well known since the Pre was 1st released. Several Webos updates later and the issue still exists with no comment from Palm.
    Exactly... It was known two weeks into homebrew's and nothing yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    Oh you must work for them Huh
    No, one of their employees posted that it's on their list and they're working on it in the development forums.

Go ahead and browse; you'll eventually find it.
    This is so stupid on palm to open an app store and not be able to download any apps. I am a power user who has about 70 apps I like to play and i already started deleting 1 at a time to try and buy some apps . I have 5 gig of memory and should have plenty of room except some designer at palm came up with the stupid partition. This should have been fixed prior to this update

Fred

Fred
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    app limit is stupid, I hope palm get their brains straight.
    Tell me about it. I made this comment on another thread. But they are literally loosing money. I was trying to download one of the paid apps earlier and they gave me the error delete apps to make room screen.

Seems like if you want to make money you would try and get as many apps downloaded as possible. That is why I have to believe that Palm is working on this.

Other wise they would be in trouble with the people who are submitting apps to them. Why bust your *** to develop something have demand and no way for your audience to get access to it?
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    No, one of their employees posted that it's on their list and they're working on it in the development forums.

Go ahead and browse; you'll eventually find it.
    It must be on the list the gets tossed out by mistake of course.
    The app limitation is really stupid. Why add more apps to the store if we can't get all the ones that we want...?? Come on Palm!!!
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast