Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast
  1. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Okay, this is the 3rd time this #$@# phone has detected 1.2.1 needs to be updated!!! I'm tired of this!!!

It appears that some patch is causing the Update app to want to pull the 1.2.1 update. I don't know which patch or tweak it is at the moment and it's driving me nuts!

If I don't tweak or patch, I have no problem with updates. Once I tweak and patch, you can bet your bottom dollar, within 24hrs there's a damn message telling me my phone will be updated to 1.2.1!!!

I'M FED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is anyone else experiencing this?!

APPLICATIONS WHICH APPEAR TO NOT BE CULPRIT
    - Add/Delete Pages in Launcher (Thanks Caitlyn)
    Last edited by a2k; 10/06/2009 at 12:41 PM.
    Not I.
    yup....I updated twice...still gettin it
    Ok ... mine did this when 1.2 was initially released (told me three times that it kept finding it in different size flavors). Now that 1.2.1 has been released it seems to think it is up to date and I've checked a ton of times and still no love.
    Me too. Patches I use:

App Launcher 5x4
    Battery Icon as Percent
    Enable Dev Mode Icon
    Enable LED Notifications
    Hide NFL App
    Hide Nascar App
    Hide SprintTV App
    Message Tone Options
    Reset Scroll App Launcher
    Smiley Faces in Symbol B...
    Enable Hidden Clock
    Add Date to Top Bar
    Call Duration in Call Log
    Add/Delete Pages in Launcher
    Reduce Minimum Brightness
    More Standby Times
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfrock66 View Post
    Me too. Patches I use:

App Launcher 5x4
    Battery Icon as Percent
    Enable Dev Mode Icon
    Enable LED Notifications
    Hide NFL App
    Hide Nascar App
    Hide SprintTV App
    Message Tone Options
    Reset Scroll App Launcher
    Smiley Faces in Symbol B...
    Enable Hidden Clock
    Add Date to Top Bar
    Call Duration in Call Log
    Add/Delete Pages in Launcher
    Reduce Minimum Brightness
    More Standby Times
    I am not experiencing this problem but the first patches that stick out to me that could be the culprit are the hiding of the sprint provided apps (NFL, TV, Nascar). That is just my guess and by no means is based on anything.
    I added only two patches, the LED patch and the % battery patch a couple of days ago, now this morning it asked me to reinstall 1.2.1..for the second time! I'm guessing the Pre is verifying files for modifications.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I got it this morning. I have a few tweaks, but the only common one I have with those posted above is the LED notification.
    I just started getting this, and all I have installed is My-Tether and showing the Dev-Mode icon in the app launcher.
    Yeah ... I've removed every single tweak and MyTether even thinking perhaps it had something to do with it. My phone however still seems to think it is up to date. Does anyone know if there is a way to manually download the update not using the update application?
    i got this problem initially. then i deleted all my tweaks and installed the newer 1.2.1. two nights ago, i added the tweaks back.

i got another update notification last night.

frustrating.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Same here, I'm on my 4th re-install. Just popped up this morning asking to install now or later.. had to choose later as I didn't feel like removing some patches at the moment. I really hope Palm puts in a fix for this.
    Go Blue!

Isn't there a way to disable the updater?, and if so, could someone post a link to it so we don't have to deal with this until the next REAL update comes around?
    Woke up this morning to also see I had an update available (1.2.1). I had about 14 tweaks and a theme installed. I've uninstalled them and am downloading since the update is threatening me with the next charge installation. I had seen people saying this was happening but I thought I had dodged a bullet. I wonder if there are specific tweaks that make this issue happen. The most recent tweaks I installed was the 4x4 icon and hide music player.
    I'm having the same problem. Had it with 1.2 and now with 1.2.1
    I'm also experiencing this problem. It's weird and really, really annoying.
    Having this problem.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    just started installing 1.2.1 for the first time. realllly dont want to have this problem
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I have 1.2.1 and just got a notification to update to it a few minutes ago

joy joy joy.... I also have some tweaks installed :|
    Quote Originally Posted by a2k View Post
    Okay, this is the 3rd time this #$@# phone has detected 1.2.1 needs to be updated!!! I'm tired of this!!!

It appears that some patch is causing the Update app to want to pull the 1.2.1 update. I don't know which patch or tweak it is at the moment and it's driving me nuts!

If I don't tweak or patch, I have no problem with updates. Once I tweak and patch, you can bet your bottom dollar, within 24hrs there's a damn message telling me my phone will be updated to 1.2.1!!!

I'M FED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is anyone else experiencing this?!

That is just palm's way of saying," so you keep bugging us for update?..well here ya go. i will give you update till you can't take no more"
Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast