Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by papla View Post
    i had this issue too..i had to doctor my pre and re-do my tweaks..but this time did not add virtual keyboard and i am not having any issue so far..3 days and counting..so i think is the virtual keyboard...and by the way it looks like i did not remove all my tweaks before the original update..that's due to using different versions of webosquickinstall.
    but i dont' have the virtual keyboard so it isn't that, i am on 3rd or 4th, can't remember
    It's been a week and I just got the notification to install the update again. It makes no difference whether you take off mytether or take it off developer mode, the f***ing thing still wants to update. The last time I left mytether on and developer mode on and after the update they still work just fine.
    Is there anyway to turn the updating feature off?
    Since everyone seems to be having this problem, maybe somebody should actually run their phone without any patches or modifications and after applying the update, check whether or not it still wants to be updated. I wonder if even after removing all patches or tweaks if some settings are getting left behind like old registry settings on a pc. Just a thought. Please post any findings that may help.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tserna View Post
    Since everyone seems to be having this problem, .
    *Everyone* is not having this problem.

I am at WebOS 1.2.1 with preware installed with the following list of tweaks / patches installed and I have not received a second upgrade notice since upgrading to 1.2.1

Enable Landscape Email
    Enable Landscape Messages
    Match State to Area Code
    Phone Radio Toggle
    Virtual Keyboard
    Terminal Service Plugin
    Mac OSX II Theme
    Add/Delete Pages in Launcher
    App Launcher 4x4
    Battery Icon and Percent
    Call Duration in Call Log
    Enable LED notifications
    Hide Nascar App
    Messaging Timestamps
    MyTether (hacked to work with 1.2.1 w/o donating)
    Roam Only Patch
    Quote Originally Posted by tserna View Post
    Since everyone seems to be having this problem, maybe somebody should actually run their phone without any patches or modifications and after applying the update, check whether or not it still wants to be updated. I wonder if even after removing all patches or tweaks if some settings are getting left behind like old registry settings on a pc. Just a thought. Please post any findings that may help.
    Feel free to volunteer
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta-9 View Post
    *Everyone* is not having this problem.

I am at WebOS 1.2.1 with preware installed with the following list of tweaks / patches installed and I have not received a second upgrade notice since upgrading to 1.2.1

Enable Landscape Email
    Enable Landscape Messages
    Match State to Area Code
    Phone Radio Toggle
    Virtual Keyboard
    Terminal Service Plugin
    Mac OSX II Theme
    Add/Delete Pages in Launcher
    App Launcher 4x4
    Battery Icon and Percent
    Enable LED notifications
    Hide Nascar App
    Messaging Timestamps
    MyTether (hacked to work with 1.2.1 w/o donating)
    Roam Only Patch
    When did you buy your Pre Delta? Maybe it has something to do with the original release of the hardware.. perhaps newer builds aren't affected?
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I have never patched or tweaked anything and I have been re-promoted to update to 1.2.1, so patches/tweaks are not the issue. At least, not the only issue.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Ok patching isnt the issue then. Is there a way to manually update the pre to 1.2.1 without doing it on the phone? I.E. - download it from palm's website on a computer, then apply the update?
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ev01 View Post
    When did you buy your Pre Delta? Maybe it has something to do with the original release of the hardware.. perhaps newer builds aren't affected?
    I bought my Pre about a week after launch.

I originally got two 1.2.1 update notices. I re-imaged my Pre because I had screwed something up. Upon re-imaging I found the bliss that is Preware. I re-imaged with a 1.2.0 image and immediately upgraded to 1.2.1 *before* applying any patches / tweaks / etc.

Since the re-image and upgrade from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1 I have not received any more 1.2.1 update notices
    FWIW, I had this problem once a little over a week ago. I removed all patches and tweaks and themes, then let the update roll (again). Since then I have used Preware patches, not going through WebOSQuickInstall. I have not had another update notification since.

I have installed:

MyTether - Donor version
    Virtual Keyboard
    Terminal
    Flashlight
    Fair Dinkum
    App Launch 4x4 ver.2
    Batter Icon as Percent
    Confirm Delete Email
    Enable Dev Mode Icon
    Enable Dialpad Vibration
    Enable Landscape Email
    Enable LED Notifications
    Enable Roam Only Option
    Hide NASCAR App
    Match State to Area Code
    Phone Radio Power
    Read/Delete All Email
    Replies/Forwards Black Font
    Internalz/File Service

Basically, I am tweaked out the proverbial wazoo and not having the problem occur again. One observation, I had a theme installed (PIPboy) when I first got the repeat notification, I have not put one on since. Again, FWIW.
    Symbol SPT1500 (Palm III w/laser barcode scanner) -> Treo 600 -> Treo 755p -> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by crocostimpy View Post
    FWIW, I had this problem once a little over a week ago. I removed all patches and tweaks and themes, then let the update roll (again). Since then I have used Preware patches, not going through WebOSQuickInstall. I have not had another update notification since.

I have installed:

MyTether - Donor version
    Virtual Keyboard
    Terminal
    Flashlight
    Fair Dinkum
    App Launch 4x4 ver.2
    Batter Icon as Percent
    Confirm Delete Email
    Enable Dev Mode Icon
    Enable Dialpad Vibration
    Enable Landscape Email
    Enable LED Notifications
    Enable Roam Only Option
    Hide NASCAR App
    Match State to Area Code
    Phone Radio Power
    Read/Delete All Email
    Replies/Forwards Black Font
    Internalz/File Service

Basically, I am tweaked out the proverbial wazoo and not having the problem occur again. One observation, I had a theme installed (PIPboy) when I first got the repeat notification, I have not put one on since. Again, FWIW.
    That is my situation exactly, although I have fewer patches than you. After one repeat 1.21 install, I tried installing all patches through Preware and didn't use any tweaks from WOSQI. I have not had a recurrence. Doesn't mean I won't have one in five minutes, but it's been over a week....
    I haven't had this issue myself, and I have a bunch of patches installed. The only difference from most of you is that instead of going to the updates app and using that to update to 1.2.0, I used the 1.2.0 webOS Doctor. Is anyone having the issue who did similarly, went directly to 1.2.0 or 1.2.1 with webOS Doctor, or is it all people who've upgraded?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I haven't had this issue myself, and I have a bunch of patches installed. The only difference from most of you is that instead of going to the updates app and using that to update to 1.2.0, I used the 1.2.0 webOS Doctor. Is anyone having the issue who did similarly, went directly to 1.2.0 or 1.2.1 with webOS Doctor, or is it all people who've upgraded?
    i did 1.2.0 w/ the doctor, then updated to 1.2.1
    I have:

add date (xx/xx/xx)
    Battery icon and Percent
    Enable LED Notification
    Full IM status
    timestamps - clean

Never received an update for 1.2.1 I "Doc"ed my phone to 1.2 then OTA'd to 1.2.1.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Someone needs to write a patch to turn off updates without rooting.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    My third time. Here's what I had installed. Have now uninstalled all and am doing the stinking update. Will probably root just to disable updates in the future.

terminal services service/app
    4x4 icons v3
    add date
    capture with volume keys
    default to week view
    disable charging alert sound
    enable add/delete pages
    enable forwarding
    enable hidden clock
    enable landscape email
    enable landscape messaging
    hide music player app
    hide nascar app
    hide sprint tv app
    match state to area code
    more standby times
    phone radio toggle
    read delete all email
    reduce minimum brightness
    show actual battery percent
    sms tone per contact
    unhide dev mode icon
    virtual keyboard

simple black theme

diff stat
    fair dinkum
    gnu patch

package manager service
    preware
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    Someone needs to write a patch to turn off updates without rooting.
    Almost by definition, that is not possible. It requires a file permissions
    change to disable the update service, and no app running inside Luna
    can do that, on purpose.

ian
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta-9 View Post
    I bought my Pre about a week after launch.

I originally got two 1.2.1 update notices. I re-imaged my Pre because I had screwed something up. Upon re-imaging I found the bliss that is Preware. I re-imaged with a 1.2.0 image and immediately upgraded to 1.2.1 *before* applying any patches / tweaks / etc.

Since the re-image and upgrade from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1 I have not received any more 1.2.1 update notices
    almost the same here... after 'upgrading' to 1.2.0 for the second time I doctored it and upgraded to 1.2.1 without any patches or tweaks (mainly cause I went to bed and it updated while I was asleep). But haven't had any problem since, and I've installed and uninstalled/reinstalled numerous patches and a few themes. I think I've even done manual tweaks on some things... I check for updates and still nothing. So all is well here with this.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    so I havent done the update yet..well pretty much with all this being said I'm thinking about just ignoring it all together(if I can). But I'll just give the history of my phone before I do this..I started d/l homebrew apps wen I first found out about filecoaster I had downloaded a few apps mytether was one but for some reason I had 2 visit the doctor(or maybe I was being dumb and dit it by accident) but who knows well after that I had put hombrews back on and even installed preware this time around the I also started 2 make themes. I ended up having an annoying issue with the theme so I doctored it again. So saying all that phone has been running fine,besides my power button being an issue, even my theme is good with no issues..and so what I am trying to say is that HERE I COME UPDATE 1.2.1!!!! And I will keep you guys informed of what's happening with me and this craziness(as soon as my phone is charged..lol)
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ok the 1.2.1 is an issue. just read the article on this and gonna post what has worked for me...every time. so webos quik install say to not run the web docter but i finaly said F@%# it ran it reverted me back of course but before patching perform ALL web os updates/ get latest quik install and only install preware and needed services.... and behold!!!!!!! no more webos updates till tthey release the next ones
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast