Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I have mytether, preware, tweaks, and no issues with the treat yet if it helps anyone...knock on wood.

OOo also: no dev icon, i use the homebrew app that enters the code for me, but i leave dev mode enabled at alltimes.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    I have mytether, preware, tweaks, and no issues with the treat yet if it helps anyone...knock on wood.

OOo also: no dev icon, i use the homebrew app that enters the code for me, but i leave dev mode enabled at alltimes.
    I guess i should add also, i setup up the same thing on my girl's phone and no issues either.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    Does anyone NOT have mytether that is getting more update messages?
    I am.
    Johnny C, that was a question I was going to ask, any reason to NOT leave Dev Mode enabled?

Beachboy

Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by giobatera View Post
    I am.
    Thanks.

Have you EVER had it installed?

Reason I ask is because when you remove mytether (the app) it does not remove the service. It stays behind.
  6. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rawspot View Post
    I had "uninstalled" MyTether from my phone some time back and still received the 1.2.1 update threat 3 times. However, I suspect it did not uninstall MyTether completely when I told it to.

This morning I again had the 1.2.1 update threat waiting for me when I woke up. I'm getting tired of getting this so I went ahead and sent my phone to the doctor. I'm going from 1.2 to 1.2.1 right now and then will install the 2-3 tweaks I like and we'll see what happens.
    Rawspot, keep us posted with your findings. That's exactly what I did. WebDoc 1.2 clean install to 1.2.1 then my tweaks. I'm now on my second day without problems.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    Johnny C, that was a question I was going to ask, any reason to NOT leave Dev Mode enabled?

Beachboy
    They say it can be a security breach...
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    You all sure its not the preware/service causing this? I did a fresh install last night to 1.2.1. installed preware and some patches and mytether and after a couple hours it was showing 1.2.1 update again. I removed all my patches and let it do its update and reinstalled all my patches and everything seems kosher now. It may rear its ugly head again later. I also have my tether installed so if it was my tether, the 1.2.1 patch seemed to fix it as tether still works fine. I may do another fresh install tonight and just install preware/service and let it sit all night and see what happens. Also I noticed when it tried to update to 1.2.1 my webos version was showing back to 1.2.0 even though after my fresh install it showed 1.2.1 before adding anything...
    Was in the photo gifts related industry for a number of years. Love cameras and stuff.

They say it can be a security breach...
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Anyone narrowed down the culprit yet?
  11. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn McKenzie View Post
    Anyone narrowed down the culprit yet?
    We're still trying. Although a couple of us found installing 1.2 clean via WebDoc then 1.2.1 update. THEN your tweaks looks to have worked.

I've personally have done this and tomorrow will be my 3rd day with tweaks and patches without the 1.2.1 threat!

Give it a try and report your findings.
    accidently installed the update again after placing my pre on the touchstone.

when i go to webos quick install it says all my tweaks and patches are stille installed. Gonna hae to uncheck each one or maybe run the web os doctor. well see.
    I installed 1.2 like 4 times and 1.2.1 twice. Mine only wants to install if I run the update app. Otherwise I don't get any notifications about it so I just don't run the update app.
    I have resigned myself to ignoring the update request.

looks like it is mytether at first blush, though
    No problems here. No tweaks or patches either. Downloaded both updates with no problem.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Yep, I think it is MyTether.

We've only had one guy say he doesn't have MyTether and still had the problem. And he didn't respond to my follow up question about whether or not he EVER had it installed.

Unless we get a few more with the issue that DON'T have MyTether I'm going to lean in that direction.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    Yep, I think it is MyTether.
    Well after doctor and upgrade to 1.2.1 again. I installed the 4x4 tweak, Preware, and Package Manager ONLY and 24 hours later I have yet to receive the update threat again. I'm beginning to believe MyTether as well. I would install MyTether again and see if it starts trying to upgrade again, but I'm about to travel for several days and don't feel like jacking with it while out of town.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    So, after I received the third update notification (153MB), I ran Webos doctor, restored to 1.2.0, then ran 1.2.1 update. This time the update was 38MB. After the update I installed tweaks/patches including Mytether, checked the update, it gave me another 1.2.1 update notification... again..., and the update size was 153MB. So, I uninstalled all my tweaks/patches, ran the update, reinstall tweaks/patches (including Mytether), but this time the only patch that I did not install was add/delete launcher pages, as far as I can remember. I've checked update since then, so far my phone's up to date. Will keep checking throughout the day and keep you posted.
  19. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Okay gang, 3rd day is here, no 1.2.1 threat! Will keep everyone posted.
    I had the problem a couple of days ago (see earlier post in this thread) but I have reinstalled most of my tweaks and my theme and have had no issues since. I have My Tether and the Dev Mode icon too. 48 hours and counting............
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast