Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    had the same problem with 1.2 now with 1.2.1 have not been asked to update seems to have fixed the problem
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcraw11967 View Post
    had the same problem with 1.2 now with 1.2.1 have not been asked to update seems to have fixed the problem
    Did you have any tweaks/patches installed?
  3. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by st0921 View Post
    I can be wrong, but I don't think the duplicate update notification is relating to any of the tweaks or patches. I think it is somewhat related to Dev Mode.

I kept my Dev Mode on during the 1.2.1 update, and after I ran the first 1.2.1 update, I installed several patches and tweaks, then turn the Dev Mode off. Couple of hours later, I checked the update on my pre, and it showed another 1.2.1 update notification. So, I ran the second (duplicate) update while the Dev Mode was off, turned it back on after the update to install patches/tweaks, then turned it off again. Ever since, I have not received any further duplicate update notification. And, I believe this exact thing happened to me during 1.2.0 update. So, basically I installed 1.2.0 twice and 1.2.1 twice, but the only thing that I played with was Dev Mode on/off. I may be wrong, but this is what I observed from my duplicate update...
    Hmm... Very interesting st0921. The first thing I did after the 1.2.1 clean install was to go into Dev mode and install Preware. I've now installed MyTether and few tweaks and patches. It has been almost 24 hours without a 1.2.1 install threat. The only thing (I think) I've done different is to leave the phone in Dev mode.

If I'm not mistaken, in previous times, I turned off Dev mode after my installs then perhaps it was then when the problem occurred again. I'm going to have to keep an eye on this.
    Does anyone NOT have mytether that is getting more update messages?
    Quote Originally Posted by a2k View Post
    Hmm... Very interesting st0921. The first thing I did after the 1.2.1 clean install was to go into Dev mode and install Preware. I've now installed MyTether and few tweaks and patches. It has been almost 24 hours without a 1.2.1 install threat. The only thing (I think) I've done different is to leave the phone in Dev mode.

If I'm not mistaken, in previous times, I turned off Dev mode after my installs then perhaps it was then when the problem occurred again. I'm going to have to keep an eye on this.
    I had devmode on the whole time. Still got prompted to update.
    Anyone that doesn't have package manager installed and still received this problem?
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
    Interesting... I had a bunch of patches and such installed, and was getting the 1.2.1 update notice again. I ran epr and removed all the patches, and started downloading the update. I closed the update app by accident, then opened it to keep download the update, and now it says "Checking for updates..." instead of "Downloading".
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Interesting... I had a bunch of patches and such installed, and was getting the 1.2.1 update notice again. I ran epr and removed all the patches, and started downloading the update. I closed the update app by accident, then opened it to keep download the update, and now it says "Checking for updates..." instead of "Downloading".
    Restart your phone and try again.
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpmypre View Post
    Restart your phone and try again.
    Updates app finished checking and said phone was up to date. I installed all my patches back again, and checked for updates again. It said phone was up to date. I just restarted after reinstalling all the patches, and checked for updates again. It still says "Your phone is up to date."
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Had this problem with 1.2.0 which then would not see the 1.2.1 update. Running WebOSDoctor fixes everything. Its a pain to do but if you backup first, all you have to do after is reinstall preware and reinstall your homebrew.
    Sounds like you're good to go then.

The restart should have made the Updates app try again.
    i had a few tweaks on my phone.... battery percentage, 4x4 icons, developer mode icon, txt forwarding, LED notifications. and i have myTether. it didnt ask me to install the duplicate 1.2.1 until i had installed my first theme from preware..... so i was lazy and didnt feel like uninstalling all of my tweaks....so i installed the duplicate 1.2.1 and i figured i would lose all of my tweaks which was fine....but my LED notifications still blink when i get a notification but it doesnt give me an option to turn them off in the screen & lock anymore....
    and its been 24hrs since it has asked me to install 1.2.1 again
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Ok, I was wrong about the dev mode. I got another duplicate update notification about an hour ago. Weird thing is that I have been checking the update at least 3 times everyday since the second 1.2.1 update notification which was on Sunday, 10/4. I have not added any patches / tweaks since then, but all of sudden received the notification. Something must have triggered the update notification, but can't figure out what it is... removing all patches/tweaks --> running update --> re-installing all the patches/tweaks take good 2 hours... this is ridiculous.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    i've narrow it down to one of the two following patches; led notification and add launcher page.

I am going to wait couple more days to see if this is the case.

one thing I noticed about these two patches is that evev though these patches are not installed, the end effects/results still exists. I don't have the setting for led notification, but still receive them. I also have no add/delete launch pages in the launcher, but still have added pages.
    I have no patches installed, but I do have My Tether. Got my second 1.2.1 re-update notice this morning. Argh.....
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    For what its worth, I didn't install Preware or do anything to a newer phone until after I updated to 1.2.1. Not having update problems "knock on wood" yet.

Tweaks installed

add/delete launcher pages
    4x4 icons
    battery icon %
    camera capture with volume key
    confirm delete email
    hide music player
    read delete all email
    call durantion in call log
    Read/Delete all email
    LED notifications
    Improved auto-correct dictionary

I do not have virtual keyboard, my tether installed.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
  18. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emair View Post
    I have no patches installed, but I do have My Tether. Got my second 1.2.1 re-update notice this morning. Argh.....
    I was afraid of this and it sounds like bad news. No patches only MyTether and the 1.2.1 threat came back!?

I've had MyTether installed every time it occurred to me. Funny thing is that I'm now going on 1.5 days without the 1.2.1 threat!
  19. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    For what its worth, I didn't install Preware or do anything to a newer phone until after I updated to 1.2.1. Not having update problems "knock on wood" yet.

Tweaks installed

add/delete launcher pages
    4x4 icons
    battery icon %
    camera capture with volume key
    confirm delete email
    hide music player
    read delete all email
    call durantion in call log
    Read/Delete all email
    LED notifications
    Improved auto-correct dictionary

I do not have virtual keyboard, my tether installed.
    Beachboy, could you install MyTether and see what happens?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a2k View Post
    I was afraid of this and it sounds like bad news. No patches only MyTether and the 1.2.1 threat came back!?

I had "uninstalled" MyTether from my phone some time back and still received the 1.2.1 update threat 3 times. However, I suspect it did not uninstall MyTether completely when I told it to.

This morning I again had the 1.2.1 update threat waiting for me when I woke up. I'm getting tired of getting this so I went ahead and sent my phone to the doctor. I'm going from 1.2 to 1.2.1 right now and then will install the 2-3 tweaks I like and we'll see what happens.
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast