Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    From which version to which version did you update Preware and/or the Package Manager Service?

-- Rod
    I updated Preware from 0.9.5 to 0.9.8. I read that several people were getting the 1.2.1 update for the first time in the hours leading up to the 1.3.1 release. Perhaps Palm is to blame? I guess it doesn't matter now since I updated to 1.3.1. We'll see. Someone will probably start a thread "Non-stop 1.3.1 Updating!!!"
    Okay, I've never had this issue before, but after upgrading to 1.3.1 last night, got another 1MB update to 1.3.1 today. I'm not sure if this is the same issue, or something else going on though.
    hmm 1mb update?? Wonder what it is
    As it turns out, after the 1MB update, I got NASCAR and the Sprint bookmark in the launcher, which I had previously uninstalled, put back.
  5. skp
    I read before about having modified files in the root partition. I'm not sure if someone has posted something like this before but this is how I fixed mine.

I fixed my phone from asking to update by deleting all the files in the root directory "/' that weren't there originally except for a couple files installed by prethemer. I think I reapplied the update about 5 times before doing this. Its been over a month with it not asking me for an update. I had some old patch files in there from before and a couple of things from creating a patch. Here is a list of folders/files in my root folder. I did a "ls -a" command to list it.

.pc
    .reboot
    bin
    boot
    com.prethemer... (I have 3 of these files)
    dev
    dspbridge
    etc
    home
    lib
    lost+found
    md5sums
    media
    mnt
    opt
    proc
    remove
    root
    sbin
    sys
    tmp
    usr
    var

This was the list from 1.2.1. I also have My Flashlight and My Tether installed so I don't think those are the causes.
    Quote Originally Posted by skp View Post
    I read before about having modified files in the root partition. I'm not sure if someone has posted something like this before but this is how I fixed mine.

I fixed my phone from asking to update by deleting all the files in the root directory "/' that weren't there originally except for a couple files installed by prethemer. I think I reapplied the update about 5 times before doing this. Its been over a month with it not asking me for an update. I had some old patch files in there from before and a couple of things from creating a patch. Here is a list of folders/files in my root folder. I did a "ls -a" command to list it.

.pc
    .reboot
    bin
    boot
    com.prethemer... (I have 3 of these files)
    dev
    dspbridge
    etc
    home
    lib
    lost+found
    md5sums
    media
    mnt
    opt
    proc
    remove
    root
    sbin
    sys
    tmp
    usr
    var

This was the list from 1.2.1. I also have My Flashlight and My Tether installed so I don't think those are the causes.
    If you have com.prethemer.com* stuff in the root directory, then you are installing things incorrectly.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7. skp
    If you have com.prethemer.com* stuff in the root directory, then you are installing things incorrectly.

-- Rod
    I use Preware to install the themes. I don't really see how I could install it wrong unless it put those files there because it's an old theme.
    I use Preware to install the themes. I don't really see how I could install it wrong unless it put those files there because it's an old theme.
    Please tell me exactly what files are in those directories, cause if a theme that is installed via Preware is putting stuff in the root directory, then something is very very very very wrong and must be fixed immediately.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  9. skp
    Please tell me exactly what files are in those directories, cause if a theme that is installed via Preware is putting stuff in the root directory, then something is very very very very wrong and must be fixed immediately.

-- Rod
    com.prethemer.themes.3f5c2310c0.patch
    com.prethemer.themes.4651ba776e.patch
    com.prethemer.themes.ce92290458.patch

The only themes I remember installing lately are the Original Blue Theme and Heavy Metal. I had these before trying Heavy Metal though. The last date of the files are Oct 24.
    com.prethemer.themes.3f5c2310c0.patch
    com.prethemer.themes.4651ba776e.patch
    com.prethemer.themes.ce92290458.patch

The only themes I remember installing lately are the Original Blue Theme and Heavy Metal. I had these before trying Heavy Metal though. The last date of the files are Oct 24.
    OK, I think I know what's happening here.

Have you ever used 'ipkg' manually to install a theme, and forgotten to use "ipkg -o /var" every time you run ipkg?

The theme is fine, but I suspect you are (or have in the past) manually installing it and using the wrong command to do so.

-- Rod
  11. skp
    OK, I think I know what's happening here.

Have you ever used 'ipkg' manually to install a theme, and forgotten to use "ipkg -o /var" every time you run ipkg?

The theme is fine, but I suspect you are (or have in the past) manually installing it and using the wrong command to do so.

-- Rod
    I might have installed something by accident, but it would have been months ago. I've only installed themes through Preware though.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819