Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 265
  1. #101  
    We found the issue and it's fixed and you all should be golden now.

    You guys were right, the sites weren't updating. We hadn't gotten around to making the server self-heal in this situations like this but are adding that in now. This is not how we like to spend our Saturday mornings either

    Thanks for the heads up, you guys are the best.
    Last edited by mrgreenbeans; 10/10/2009 at 10:47 AM.
  2. #102  
    Seems to be back to normal now.
  3. PreGk's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    #103  
    well, this was becoming my favorite app, but Palm screwed me up. I got a replacement phone and cannot download the app I paid for. Not the developers fault at all, but one that the developer should be aware of. Other people are havibg the same problems, so it seems that if you pay for an app and delete or replace your phone, you will not be able to use the app anymore.
  4. ray1b's Avatar
    Posts
    431 Posts
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    well, this was becoming my favorite app, but Palm screwed me up. I got a replacement phone and cannot download the app I paid for. Not the developers fault at all, but one that the developer should be aware of. Other people are havibg the same problems, so it seems that if you pay for an app and delete or replace your phone, you will not be able to use the app anymore.
    Does logging into your Palm profile on your new phone add all your apps back?
  5. PreGk's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    #105  
    all but the paid apps in my case...
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    all but the paid apps in my case...

    Palm stated you would be able to use all your apps you paid for as long as you signed onto your palm profile. If you have your receipts that they sent you via email it shouldn't be hard to get a refund or something.
  7. #107  
    Keep us posted PreGk, I'd like to know how Palm handles your situation.
  8. munoz0451's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #108  
    great app
  9. #109  
    Palm always send me a receipt email for every App I purchased, they have to have a record of your purchases. I'd call Palm up and complain about it!
  10. #110  
    Thanks for fixing the server issue.

    Any plans for landscape mode? I got caught up in the excitement and purchased your app without confirming that it had it. I CAN read the articles on the Pre's crisp screen (with reading glasses), but it's a chore for me.

    I'm also a real fan of landscape combined with the Pre's unique page down gesture. The NY Times, and Precentral's mobile site on the Pre, in landscape mode, are two superb examples.
    Last edited by galavanter; 10/10/2009 at 03:46 PM.
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenbeans View Post
    We found the issue and it's fixed and you all should be golden now.

    You guys were right, the sites weren't updating. We hadn't gotten around to making the server self-heal in this situations like this but are adding that in now. This is not how we like to spend our Saturday mornings either

    Thanks for the heads up, you guys are the best.
    And this brings us back to my post a few days ago. The cloud gets some rain, and the app is useless. People like that other poster rant horribly about the app and dedicated users get no updates.

    I see the benefits of a server based implementation, but the cloud just isn't as stable as it should be...

    I'm ALMOST ready to hit the buy button... I'm not sure what's holding me back (I know it's only $5 LOL)...
  12. #112  
    I'm not worried about relying on the cloud for this - yes I think it would be nice if the servers were more reliable, but they're getting there and I'd expect it gets much better real fast because this is the first time they've been able to test it with real users hitting their servers.

    furthermore, its not a mission critical app - if the cloud goes down temporarily, you can always go to the source for what you were looking for.
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogu View Post
    I'm not worried about relying on the cloud for this - yes I think it would be nice if the servers were more reliable, but they're getting there and I'd expect it gets much better real fast because this is the first time they've been able to test it with real users hitting their servers.

    furthermore, its not a mission critical app - if the cloud goes down temporarily, you can always go to the source for what you were looking for.
    Ya seriously guys, don't sweat it. We've built highly scalable and redundant servers before. I know you guys paid $5, but what Hogu says is true to some degree. Now that it's out there in real people's hands we are discovering all the little nits that cause hiccups like this morning. You just can't anticipate all the edge cases that show up with real users.

    To be honest though, since the product is so new we just haven't got all of our self-healing monitors in place yet. Once they are, the server will pretty much take care of itself.
  14. #114  
    UPDATE!

    Ok guys, after 12 hours the app started to work. And no, I was not doing anything wrong, it was the servers!

    The developer was nice enough to send me a PM and explain what happened.

    In one of my previous messages, I compared this app to Avantgo, and said that they went belly up. I don't want this to go belly up and realize that they might have to get revenue via ads support. Because just selling the app won't keep the server bills paid.

    I should make one important point because of my harsh words before, I want this app to work, I need this app and I miss this kind of app. I wanted to read news items off-line, it's important to all of us city dwellers that take public transportation to work (subway) which is where we will be reading this stuff.

    But now that it is working, I want the developers to look into modifying the UI a bit.

    I'm not going to suggest anything here, I made my points in a PM a few moments ago.

    I am willing now to beta test any new changes that are to be coming out.

    Rob
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 10/10/2009 at 11:17 PM. Reason: spelling
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  15. #115  
    Rob -

    Interesting comments. The server issue described was only a few hours during the wee hours of the morning, I don't know why you had difficulty for longer. Good to know..

    As for your concerns about us going belly-up, this isn't our only product and as you can see from our website, we've been making mobile apps for many years. We have given the business model for this app a good degree of consideration. You are right that we have ongoing per-user expenses, and users only have to pay one time fee to use the app. On paper, that doesn't sound very good for us, but that is why the app is $4.99 not $0.99.
  16. #116  
    Is the server down again now. It's 12:45am Sunday and I can't get updated!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  17. #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Is the server down again now. It's 12:45am Sunday and I can't get updated!

    Rob
    The server is working. If you are having troubles, zip an e-mail to newsroom@trileet.com and we will get you fixed right up!
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenbeans View Post
    Rob -

    Interesting comments. The server issue described was only a few hours during the wee hours of the morning, I don't know why you had difficulty for longer. Good to know..

    As for your concerns about us going belly-up, this isn't our only product and as you can see from our website, we've been making mobile apps for many years. We have given the business model for this app a good degree of consideration. You are right that we have ongoing per-user expenses, and users only have to pay one time fee to use the app. On paper, that doesn't sound very good for us, but that is why the app is $4.99 not $0.99.
    I was not trying to say you are going to go belly up. Avantgo went belly up.

    And personally, I really never knew why they shut it down.

    But they did have some minor advertising that wasn't too bad.

    If you have other means of income, great! I just don't want you to go down because of financial reason especially if I become dependent on your product as I was with Avantgo.

    Rob

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  19. #119  
    Fine points. Don't worry though, our financial plan is sound and we won't have to shut things down whether it is successful or not. We know what it means to have paying customers, we've had quite a few over the years.
  20. #120  
    Fine points. Don't worry though, our financial plan is sound and we won't have to shut things down whether it is successful or not. We know what it means to have paying customers, we've had quite a few over the years.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions