Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    They want some crazy money for these "TOYS R US" APPS!
    If you think the apps are too expensive, simply don't buy them.

If nobody buys them, devs will lower their prices.

If everybody else buys them and they stay at the current price, then you're just a tightwad.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post

If everybody else buys them and they stay at the current price, then you're just a tightwad.
    lawl +1
  4.    #4  

buddy, i dont use those kiddie apps!i could buy palm ,thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    buddy, i dont use those kiddie apps!i could buy palm ,thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Then by all means purchase Palm so you can give yourself and the rest of the freeloading world free apps.
    lol what?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Hahahaha, oh man, thanks for the laugh. You ***** about a $5.00 app yet claim that you have millions of $'s to buy Palm? Go cry to somebody who cares
    What a d0uchemuffin. Sounds like a typical BocaBrat though. A term I usually reserve for the girly's. But this clown deserves it.

Thank you. It's called a market. Willing buyers buying from willing sellers. If either side is not willing, prices will change.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjeremi View Post
    What a d0uchemuffin. Sounds like a typical BocaBrat though. A term I usually reserve for the girly's. But this clown deserves it.
    At 16 bucks a share I could buy palm and I will own you.Start making your checks out to bbriggsie!
    Your going to buy Palm from Bono ?
    At 16 bucks a share I could buy palm and I will own you.Start making your checks out to bbriggsie!
    If only you could buy the other things you need for $16/share, like a brain, or even just a better grip on reality.

You know, for $16 you might be able to pick up a used economics text book. A basic understanding of how supply and demand works would pretty well eliminate your entire post.
    Ok ok, you say you can buy Palm but your complaining bout prices?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    if i had a check, i'd make it out to you.....
    Fail
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    wow buddy heres my etrade account name apl$$$ got anymore advice
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I understand where briggsie is coming from. I have no problem paying 5,10 bucks for an app that is worth it. For example, on my ipod touch, back in the day I purchased spore for 9.99. But that is a great game. What would palm charge for a game like spore, full pc price? Like VeeDubb said, don't like it dont buy it. We can only wait and see what apps and at what price come out as time goes on.
    I know some people who develop for iphone and they say that its impossible to survive on apps for iphone alone - the market is still not so big that they make any major profits. Unfortunately, considering that Pre is an even smaller market (right now), most apps will be priced above what we're expecting.

I think prices will obviously go down in the long run as volumes increase - this is again an early adopter stage and those people who want the apps now will be ready to pay, even if a bit expensive.
  19.    #19  
    Wouldnt you think after 4 months that they would have a couple killer apps for launch day?I wouldnt care if they were 9.99 or more.5 bucks for JOGSTATS....give me a break.If they cant have any real apps on launch day,Then those apps in our app catolog should be no more then .75 cents!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    In this particular case at this particular time I dont think the apps in the catalog are worth the prices that are advertised. I too will not mind spending 5 or 10 bucks on an app but it needs to be worthy of the price. I am forever in debt to all the developers out there that made the homebrew apps and made my Pre experience an excellent one. I am one of those users that donate to the developer when the app I download is something I plan to use more than the first day. Currently I donated to about 7 developers for apps such as cellstalker, shoutcast, Toppleball, Friendsflow and a few others I cant think of right now. Those are well written beta apps and deserved the few dollars I sent their way. If you are going ot put an app in the catalog and expect to charge premium prices, the apps should be solid. To all the developers out there, THANK YOU for your hard work and please continue pumping out quality apps.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast