Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have by myself programmed 2 apps for the phone (and finally i will get the phone next monday,lol) and i know how simple it is to programm for webOS. When I read that a random generator costs money....cmon...
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    People that complain about app prices are the same ones that would gladly fork over $5 + for a Vente Caramal Machiatto...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunkin View Post
    People that complain about app prices are the same ones that would gladly fork over $5 + for a Vente Caramal Machiatto...
    Yeah that. And I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's the developers setting the prices not Palm.

Not to get into a conversation on downloading, but it's the same people who download and never pay for music that will ***** about pay 3 bucks for an app.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    They want some crazy money for these "TOYS R US" APPS!
    Seriously... *** is up with the prices. I don't see paying upwards of $10 for an app. I can only imagine these guys are trying to capitalize on the 1st wave of paid ups and our hunger for them.

IMHO I think for us being as loyal as we've been and as supportive as we've been, these apps should have been cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoes View Post
    I have by myself programmed 2 apps for the phone (and finally i will get the phone next monday,lol) and i know how simple it is to programm for webOS. When I read that a random generator costs money....cmon...
    This is really the only thing I agree with. Paying for a random generator is ********, which is why I didn't buy it. Like people keep saying, if you don't like it or don't like the price, don't buy it. It is just good advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by buchkoba00 View Post
    Yeah that. And I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's the developers setting the prices not Palm.

Not to get into a conversation on downloading, but it's the same people who download and never pay for music that will ***** about pay 3 bucks for an app.
    How much is Palms cut of the app price ?
    30%
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    How much is Palms cut of the app price ?
    30%
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I couldn't agree with this poster more. All most every app up right now is overpriced. I don't expect them to all be free but I also don't expect developers to get rich off of 5 minutes of coding. (or even 2 weeks of coding for that matter) 5 buck for tetris? Its not even an original idea. That dveloper can kiss my ***. Is this what we've all been anxiously waiting for. A platform where developers can set unrealistic prices....for the first time since I bought my phone I wish I had an iphone.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    Wouldnt you think after 4 months that they would have a couple killer apps for launch day?I wouldnt care if they were 9.99 or more.5 bucks for JOGSTATS....give me a break.If they cant have any real apps on launch day,Then those apps in our app catolog should be no more then .75 cents!
    "Killer" being another term economists use regularly to express greatness. ie. "the NASDAQ went up 118 pts. today...it was KILLER".

This is a child who has no money to buy apps, homebrew or FAIL.
    I was a little wary of the prices myself, but again, if you don't want 'em, don't buy 'em.

I think that with the open sourcing there will be several options out there for free. So just wait a few weeks and there should be more out there. Tough since I know there were a lot of early adopters, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Right on. I'm one of those and i don't give a damn... i'm not paying for an app. EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevillain View Post
    Right on. I'm one of those and i don't give a damn... i'm not paying for an app. EVER.
    Then don't complain about anything... EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO_ONE View Post
    Seriously... *** is up with the prices. I don't see paying upwards of $10 for an app. I can only imagine these guys are trying to capitalize on the 1st wave of paid ups and our hunger for them.

IMHO I think for us being as loyal as we've been and as supportive as we've been, these apps should have been cheaper.
    Loyal and supportive of what? The free apps? What?
    Then don't complain about anything... EVER
    I don't recall complaining. Besides... I won't have to complain, because I won't be getting ****ed off that I paid $4.99 for an app that sucks.
    I don't have a lot of money so I'm not going to spend money on minesweeper and checkers its silly they want money for those.
    Do all of you freeloaders have any paid software on your PC's or is it all just freeware and / or pirated software?
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    After reading on Precentral that paid apps were available, I got really excited. While loading the App Catalog, I made the decision to not spend more than $20 on the available apps. Upon first glance of the available apps and their prices, I was VERY surprised. Some apps were, IMO, appropriately priced. But others were just ridiculous. I honestly didn't spend even one cent. There were only a few apps I was interested in. And after reading reviews about each app, it sounds like most were still in the beta testing phase. If that's the case, why charge for them? Release as homebrew and include a donation link until the app becomes more stable, more polished, and worth it's asking price.

Yes, it's true that if no one buys the apps, the prices will change. But the problem with that is that the developers will think there's no money to be made on the WebOS platform and will look elsewhere for profits. I think Palm really should step-in and negotiate prices with the devs.

Hopefully, with more competition in the App Catalog, prices will eventually level-out and become more reasonable.

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Why is the average PreCentral user so ********?

If you don't like the price of the app, don't buy it and/or find a homebrew solution.

Palm doesn't set these prices, the developers do. Developers need to eat too.

If you have that much of a problem with the price of an app, email the developer and ask him why. Ask him what he incurred as far as development costs, time spent, etc.

But stop posting about unfair app prices, it's really tiring and a ridiculous complaint.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Whether he is rich or not...Just because you have money doesnt mean you have to waste it. Im sure Bill Gates and Oprah Winfrey Bargain Shop and complain about prices. Its not the amount of money you have but the quality of the purchase and the value and bang for your buck~
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast