Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
       #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz1999 View Post
    That's exactly what I've been doing...nothing shows up there...which makes me think its not even trying the download. Very odd. I wonder what is going on.
    You could always start a download and look at the process list and see if you see anything.

    You might also see if anything useful comes up in the message log, you can run something like:

    Code:
    tail /var/log/messages
  2. Wiz1999's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    You could always start a download and look at the process list and see if you see anything.

    You might also see if anything useful comes up in the message log, you can run something like:

    Code:
    tail /var/log/messages
    I've checked the message log...nothing really interesting in there. I tried adding some additional messages to the findapps app, but I couldn't get them to show up even after changing the log level in the framework_config.json.

    I'll try checking the process list...not sure what to look for though...
  3. Wiz1999's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #23  
    Hmm...now I'm getting an App Catalog unavailable error. Just can't win.
  4. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
       #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz1999 View Post
    I'll try checking the process list...not sure what to look for though...
    I just meant that that was where I found the download location... you'll see a process showing the download target. In case you were still concerned it was somewhere else.
  5. Wiz1999's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    I just meant that that was where I found the download location... you'll see a process showing the download target. In case you were still concerned it was somewhere else.
    Ah...thanks. I'll grep for that. If I could just get the app catalog to work now. Does it work for you? It was working before after I backed out all of my changes to the app...something else seems to have broken.
  6. Wiz1999's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #26  
    Nevermind...its back.
  7. Wiz1999's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #27  
    Nope...nothing in the process list with that location. I feel like it isn't even trying to download. While its downloading, do you see any indication of it downloading on the Pre? I seem to remember a progress bar, but I don't see anything like that. Thanks for your help on this BTW.
  8. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
       #28  
    Yeah, it hangs for about 30 seconds (since 1.2) but after that I do see a download progress bar.
  9. Wiz1999's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Yeah, it hangs for about 30 seconds (since 1.2) but after that I do see a download progress bar.
    Hmmm...I get the hang, but never the progress bar, it just gives the memory error at that point. So it must be checking if the app will fit somewhere prior to downloading it. Wonder what its doing during the delay.
  10. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
       #30  
    Ahh, maybe same issue as my original? If you read back the beginning of the thread or so... I was having memory errors when trying to download despite having plenty of space. I had to uninstall and reinstall literally ALL of my apps (homebrew and app catalog) to clear it up. After removing and reinstalling all and having the same exact amount of free space as I did originally, it let me install more apps. Noooo sense.
  11. KentBETA's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Guys, seriously, this is much easier to implement than it sounds.

    You do need root access, and need to know how to type in commands, but the script is all written, and it works beautifully.

    Solution to App Catalog Installation Limit - WebOS Internals
    hparsons, I agree it is, however it is for the Geeks in us. I think we all need to step back and look at the target market that Palm wants to sell this too. The Business individual who wants a real top of the line Smartphone/PDA. Now for that, there is no way to expect the average user , to be able to terminal into the root of his phone, much less understand unix/linux commands. Once the RIM or Apple sales folks start to tout this line, well it's all over. This has to be fixed in such a way that it will be invisible to the User.

    You only have one chance to make a first impression. This is a great OS and Phone, but it is these things that could very well sink the whole ship.
  12. Wiz1999's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Ahh, maybe same issue as my original? If you read back the beginning of the thread or so... I was having memory errors when trying to download despite having plenty of space. I had to uninstall and reinstall literally ALL of my apps (homebrew and app catalog) to clear it up. After removing and reinstalling all and having the same exact amount of free space as I did originally, it let me install more apps. Noooo sense.
    Well...I've gotten a little further. Based on some info I found elsewhere on the web, I changed the _validateInstallSpace method in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/details-assistant.jsjsjs $to$ $always$ $return$ $true$ $and$ $the$ $download$ $actually$ $happens$ $now$. $The$ $install$ $still$ $fails$, $but$ $at$ $least$ $I$ $am$ $able$ $to$ $get$ $the$ $ipk$.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions