Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    What would a paid app have to do for you to be worth 10 dollars. I think this thread will help developers know what we think is worth it.

Personally I would pay 10 for an app that would allow me to listen to XM Radio.
    I would easily pay $10 or more for a nice Slingbox app whenever the capability arrives.
    SSH client.
    A WebOS version of MetrO, the old PalmOS app.
    i have streamed though a client but its not the same... i would pay 20.00 for an xm sirius client
    That's actually really tough to say.

First of all, I wouldn't pay $10 for an app with no demo. The demo can be serious crippleware, as long as there is enough to test features.

Personally, I'd pay $20-$30, maybe as much as $50 for really well polished ebook reader with support for all open formats, and what I would consider to be a well designed interface.

However, I suspect that I'm in a very small minority in that regards.

For instance, I wouldn't pay anything at all for an xm radio app or slingbox app. I have no interest in them at all.
    I'm willing to pay 10 bucks for a nice video camera app.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i'd pay $10 for google maps especially w/ the recently upgraded directions if it wasn't free. i hope i didnt jinx it.
    $10 for a VPN client so I can connect to my company's wireless intranet
    DYNOLICIOUS! I can not wait for this app to land on the pre.
    hmmm, off the top of my head...

as said earlier, a video player app
    a multi - platform emulator app (NES, Sega, etc.)
    Possibly a Strong's Concordance app (one's available for Classic)
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by professorjason View Post
    i have streamed though a client but its not the same... i would pay 20.00 for an xm sirius client
    You talking about using orb? I am doing that as well but not happy with it.
    • I'd pay $20-$30 for a SlingBox app
    • I'd pay $15-$25, plus be willing to pay for updates once or twice a year, for something that would compare in features to DateBK that was out for the PalmOS
    • I'd pay $15-$20 for something that has the same features at DateMae
    • And here's a totally new on one, I'd pay $10-$20 for something that either augmented or replaced the photo apps book, that let me create categories and store one photo (meaning, one copy) in different categories.

C'mon programmers, mamma gives me an allowance, I'm lookin' to spend it!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jb23fan View Post
    What would a paid app have to do for you to be worth 10 dollars. I think this thread will help developers know what we think is worth it.

Personally I would pay 10 for an app that would allow me to listen to XM Radio.
    For sure, this is HIGH on the list for me.

Quote Originally Posted by turb0rexx View Post
    I'm willing to pay 10 bucks for a nice video camera app.

Most DEFINITELY NOT. That is something that we should have for FREE from PALM. I simply refuse to pay for something like that when we should have it already.

Quote Originally Posted by CWhiteRun View Post
    DYNOLICIOUS! I can not wait for this app to land on the pre.

Yeah that would be a neat one to have as long as it works well.
    Since the Sirius app on the iPhone is free, for the Pre I might pay a few dollars to have a Sirius app to access my account, but I would rather it be free like the iPhone app.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    DateBk6 equivalent
    ePocrates
    Docs to Go
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    pay $10 for WEBOS Quickinstall etc...

also paid $10 for Agenda!

would pay just about anything for datebk6
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I'd shell out $10 for a robust time-entry program for Basecamp. Something that lets me add time on my to-dos at the end of the day/week, or punch in on a to-do in real time, and have it start tracking, and then when I punch out, or switch to another task, have it automatically create a time-entry with an option to add notes about what I did. Basically something sort of like the Harvest Widget, but without the accompanying service. Bonus points if I can edit my to-do lists from inside the app.

I'd give $20, maybe even $30 for a WebOS version of Iambic Agendus, if it did everything the old PalmOS version did. DO YOU HEAR ME IAMBIC?

Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    That's actually really tough to say.

First of all, I wouldn't pay $10 for an app with no demo. The demo can be serious crippleware, as long as there is enough to test features.

Personally, I'd pay $20-$30, maybe as much as $50 for really well polished ebook reader with support for all open formats, and what I would consider to be a well designed interface.

However, I suspect that I'm in a very small minority in that regards.
    You are not alone.

Oh, and how much is Epicurious for iPhone? That would be worth $5 for me easy, but I don't think it should cost more on one platform than it does on another.
    Last edited by StormD; 10/05/2009 at 07:26 PM.
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    Since the Sirius app on the iPhone is free, for the Pre I might pay a few dollars to have a Sirius app to access my account, but I would rather it be free like the iPhone app.
    DITTO here, but I'd pay $10 for a Sirius app
    I'd pay $10 for

1. mobile firefox
    2. MS office compatible document editor
    3. classic
    4. pTunes
    5. Opera mini/mobile
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast