Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    CallFilter/CallShield/Lightwav or some reasonable facsimile thereof.
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    I'd pay $10 for a really awesome Logmein app. If that wasn't available, i would consider paying at least 5 for a true VNC app.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    SSH client.
    You have that now. It's called terminal. (install the bootstrap root hacks, then install terminal - you can then ssh from your pre)
    -mark
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    camera zoom app
    video recording app
    visual voicemail app
    voice control app
    Like i said earlier, why would you pay for a video recording app, or for that matter any of those other features, which are just that, features. And they are features that should have been included with the phone if not dropped via an update by palm in the near future, for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    You have that now. It's called terminal. (install the bootstrap root hacks, then install terminal - you can then ssh from your pre)
    -mark
    Again, there should be no need to do any of that (install this, install that, hack this, etc.).

This is the process:

• Go to app catalog
    • Select SSH Client
    • Tap "Buy"
    • Use

I am SO tired of seeing people say "but there's a homebrew app for that, you can do that right now!!"
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    pocket quicken or something that syncs with quicken.

things like Bluetooth voicedial, I really want, but they should be incorporated in to the OS.
    Last edited by Malimal; 10/11/2009 at 01:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Again, there should be no need to do any of that (install this, install that, hack this, etc.).

I am SO tired of seeing people say "but there's a homebrew app for that, you can do that right now!!"
    Would you also like a special satellite that can scratch your *** with a laser beam from space?

(Family Guy reference)
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Would you also like a special satellite that can scratch your *** with a laser beam from space?

(Family Guy reference)
    Definitely pay 9.99 for that!
    Shazam, I really miss that app. I had it on my Diamond and Tour, I really really want it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    Shazam, I really miss that app. I had it on my Diamond and Tour, I really really want it back.
    Agreed. That's my number one wish for the Pre.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post

(Family Guy reference)
    I get the reference, and funny... However, you're making it sound like I'm asking for the world. The Palm Pre (and every consumer device) was not designed for the hacker. It is not, and should not be necessary to "hack" a device to get use out of it. I have worked in the technology industry for over 15 years, and have no problem "hacking" into anything. AAMOF, I bit the bullet and enabled the LED notifications. However, that is an exception and not a norm.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

I swear, you people drive me crazy sometimes...
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I'd pay anyone but Audible $30 for an app that worked on their books. I wouldn't be willing to pay them a dime as they should have already had it out. I bet if one of the Homebrew guys decided he wanted it we'd already have it but I'm quite sure the lawyers would stop it claiming all kinds of infringements. I'm actually only waiting for one other thing that Palm should have addressed and that's animated Gifs for the radar sites. I guess a weather app that could do that without Palm's help would get me to kick out $10.

I hate to say this but I'm already pretty darn happy with MyTether, Digiclock, Quickcontacts, Flashlight and Sportscalendar. The rest of the phone sure works just fine and just getting on the web with a real browser is pretty acceptable the way it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guvner View Post
    I'd pay anyone but Audible $30 for an app that worked on their books. I wouldn't be willing to pay them a dime as they should have already had it out. I bet if one of the Homebrew guys decided he wanted it we'd already have it but I'm quite sure the lawyers would stop it claiming all kinds of infringements. I'm actually only waiting for one other thing that Palm should have addressed and that's animated Gifs for the radar sites. I guess a weather app that could do that without Palm's help would get me to kick out $10.

I hate to say this but I'm already pretty darn happy with MyTether, Digiclock, Quickcontacts, Flashlight and Sportscalendar. The rest of the phone sure works just fine and just getting on the web with a real browser is pretty acceptable the way it is.

I want to be able to listen to my audible books -- finally just cancelled my subscription with them until I can.

I'd like voice control too.
    Quote Originally Posted by horadin View Post
    Like i said earlier, why would you pay for a video recording app, or for that matter any of those other features, which are just that, features. And they are features that should have been included with the phone if not dropped via an update by palm in the near future, for free.
    You keep saying "should"? Why? Were these promised to you as part of your purchase?
    A great video application
    A music app like pocket tunes that supports rhapsody togo
    You don't understand the restrictions of the current SDK. You can rail about what you "want" and what "should be" and wait, or you can use what's there. Your choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Definitely pay 9.99 for that!
    Way to bring it back OT.
    Quote Originally Posted by turb0rexx View Post
    I'm willing to pay 10 bucks for a nice video camera app.
    I disagree!! Palm should have that with the phone! Its a standard application!!!! People will be mad if they have to pay for something that should be there already.
    I'd pay 10 bucks for a facebook app that includes chat and everything else. and id also pay 10 bucks for docs to go!!
    I'd pay for visual voicemail even though I know it should be included. The problem is that the feature wasn't included. So I could whine and moan until it arrives, or I can agree to pay for an app sooner.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast