Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I'd pay $10 for a Ventrilo app :/
    Shazam!!!!
    I wouldnt pay any more than $6.99 for any app period, and at $6.99 it better be a damn good app. Most iPhone apps (which blow anything currently being developed for webOS out of the water atm) are at or below this price point.

On a related note... $1.99 for a poorly rendered air hockey app? iPhone has a much higher quality air hockey app for free.
    or we will all be paying a lot more in the long run... there are some very stupid apps and they are priced for 5-10 dollars.. come on!! don't do it.. but I know there will be stupid people out there to do it.. so I will stick with the preware homebrew!! which I have enjoyed!!
    I'll pay $25 for a fully facebook app, well maybe $1.99
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    Since the Sirius app on the iPhone is free, for the Pre I might pay a few dollars to have a Sirius app to access my account, but I would rather it be free like the iPhone app.
    I agree with you there. I already pay for a subscription I wouldn't pay more than $10 to listen on my phone when i can do it in my car, my room, or on my computer.
    Ok, so what would you pay for apps currently in Homebrew?
    Voice dial! I miss that so much from my Instinct ... and yeah, it's the ONLY thing I miss from my Instinct.
    Last edited by newswoman; 10/05/2009 at 11:04 PM. Reason: I can't spell, lol (but I can rhyme!)
    eWallet
    Epocrates
    Mobipocket
    RSS reader (done?)
    A calendar that allows for appointment timezone settings
    USR Pilot 5000->3Com PalmPilot Pro->Palm IIIx->Palm 515->Palm TT3->Treo 700p->HTC Touch Pro->Palm Pre->HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadnic View Post
    I'd pay $10 for a Ventrilo app :/
    That's actually a pretty cool idea, I'd expect it would be hard to implement though (although there is a new open source linux ventrilo client in the works).

On a separate note, the people asking for an SSH client doesn't make much sense to me why you wouldn't want to use the full power of openssh in the terminal app, but that may just be personal preference.

I'm throwing in the hat that a full working and compliant VNC client is a near necessity and I would gladly cough up $10 for a well done one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustoid View Post
    A WebOS version of MetrO, the old PalmOS app.
    With google doing local mass transit, this becomes less and less needed.

until you have no signal, then it is needed.

metro has said they can't do it for webos.
    give me a chance to demo an app first b4 I pay anything above $4. If I get a demo and like it/need it, I will pay wht you want for it.
    I'd pay for an app that backs up the entire device, allowing the previous state to be restored perfectly.

I'd pay serious money for a Chinese handwriting input app, especially if it also had Chinese-English dictionaries like Pleco. Pleco works in Classic, but a WebOS app would be better.

I'd pay serious money for an email app as good as ChatterEmail.
    camera zoom app
    video recording app
    visual voicemail app
    voice control app
    Quote Originally Posted by newswoman View Post
    Voice dial! I miss that so much from my Instinct ... and yeah, it's the ONLY thing I miss from my Instinct.
    IMO this should be included in the OS, but I'd still pay for a third-party app if Palm refused to do it.
    An app that gave me the ability to set up distribution lists for email and text...similar to what I had with Blackberry. Selecting each member of my sales team for every group message is driving me nuts.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I want a video cam app for freeee!!!

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by punzada View Post
    On a separate note, the people asking for an SSH client doesn't make much sense to me why you wouldn't want to use the full power of openssh in the terminal app, but that may just be personal preference.
    No app should require gaining root access to the base OS. An app should be downloadable, installable, and usable natively.

Last I checked, there was no terminal app in the catalog.
    I would pay up to 19.99 for an Remote Desktop app that also can use a bluetooth keyboard(I know either palm or a hack would have to add keyboard bluetooth profile!). As I would much rather just have my pre with me for emergencies with a fold up bluetooth keyboard then a whole laptop!. I realize the screen is tiny but for a service restart or a server restart it would be more then adequate!!
    Voice Dial
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast