Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Figured I would get this out of the way with all the complaining on app prices

Pack 'n' Track will debut at $7.99

Just remember these are 1 time lifetime buys. So as the apps grows you pay nothing.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    I've tried the free version of pack'n'track.

Personally, think $7.99 is a very fair price for what it does. Anybody who thinks that's unreasonable, probably doesn't do enough package tracking to need such an app.
    It's still less than a movie ticket, and a tenth of a monthly bill.

I'm trying to understand how apparently broke members still manage to have a high end smartphone and pay their bill.
    Good luck! I think it's a pretty fair price for how useful of an app it can be. I probably won't pick it up though as VeeDub mentioned, I'm one of those people who don't do enough package tracking to need such an app. I tried it once in August, just to keep track of packages to pick them up as soon as they were near because I was about to leave on vacation and didn't want to risk the packages being returned to sender. Very solid app.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Welcome to the world of independent software development. While you were volunteering your time and energy you were a hero, answering the Bat-call from WebOS users everywhere to write those quality apps everyone was so eager to pay for. Not those 99 cent junk apps in the App Store, of course. Everyone here sounds really supportive, right? It's the BEST smartphone community. Users and developers coming together to build an ecosystem.

Now that you are looking for them to part with their hard-earned dollars, though, you are just a software vendor. Probably greedy. Maybe even corporate. They would pay up to $1.99 for your creation as long as there are free updates for the next 10 years.

Come to think of it, this thread is essentially a free advertisement for you so it shoud probably be moved to the Classified section or something.
    haha, nice! I'll keep posting just to help him out then! it's funny how people's ideas change when $$ is involved.

Keep up the good work!!!

Chris S
    If there wasn't an App Limit, I would buy the app just to keep it handy. I actually haven't installed it, because I need shipping information infrequently. Coming from Palm and $12 to $30 apps, I think $7.99 is a good price for such a useful app.

Since you're mentioning lifetime buys, I'll probably buy it by next week and just re-install when I actually need it.
    I think it's fair. I don't ship enough to need it, but if I did, I definitely would buy. If I was playing golf as much as I used to I'd happily pay the $10 that that developer is charging for golfpinfinder and I have a feeling Pre owners who really pay golf will pay that.
    Have used your app like 10 times e-z in the last month or so. $7.99 is definitely a fair price.
    The only question I have is will Palm let us change the limit on app installs?

Congrats and best of luck with you app as well!
    This app has been invaluable to me. $7.99 seems fair. I assume it is coming out later today?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Since you're mentioning lifetime buys, I'll probably buy it by next week and just re-install when I actually need it.
    Any app you buy will let you download it for the life of your account supposedly. Updates on the other hand are on a Developer to Developer basis. $7.99 for a useful app with free updates is very good imo.
    Easily my most used app, I'll gladly pay $7.99 for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Any app you buy will let you download it for the life of your account supposedly. Updates on the other hand are on a Developer to Developer basis. $7.99 for a useful app with free updates is very good imo.
    I'm actually agreeing with you, but although the developer said liftetime purchase, he didn't say lifetime support so I didn't want to put words in his mouth. If it were an App I was already using, I'd buy it in a NY minute. I have everything delivered to my job so that I don't have to worry about when packages are going to arrive. That and the App limit is why I don't have it currently installed.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I like your app, proven to be very reliable for me. Unfortunately I just Webos Doc'd my phone and habe already installed my apps on it, and now I am at the app limit. As a developer, I think you should contact Palm and let them know how serious a problem this is for both the Devs and the end-users. Matter of fact, all of the Devs should pressure Palm to fix the app limit, or apps aren't going to be sold as well as they would be if people can actually install them.
    Is it possible to get a limited use free version? I use it maybe 1-2 times max a month. Easier than having UPS and Fedex email the updates to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by YBCold View Post
    The only question I have is will Palm let us change the limit on app installs?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    I like your app, proven to be very reliable for me. Unfortunately I just Webos Doc'd my phone and habe already installed my apps on it, and now I am at the app limit. As a developer, I think you should contact Palm and let them know how serious a problem this is for both the Devs and the end-users. Matter of fact, all of the Devs should pressure Palm to fix the app limit, or apps aren't going to be sold as well as they would be if people can actually install them.
    Trust me, we have. Palm said they're well aware of the issue and it's on their to-do list. I'm hopeful that it'll be fixed in the next update but who knows when that'll be.
    $7.99 is a respectable price for a quality app. I don't think I purchase enough packages to make it worth it for me to purchase but that is just particular to me. If I purchased more to be delivered I would definitely feel the price is fair. Good job with the app by the way.
    I might purchase it (if I can get used to the 7.99 price, which is a bit too high IMO for something I'd only use occasionally). But my last two shipped items never showed updated information until a day after the item was delivered. One was an Amazon item shipped by USPS, and the Amazon site had detailed info, but this App never registered anything but the original info posted to USPS. The other package was initially unknown and stored that way by the app, but the app never recognized the tracking number until I edited the package and re-synced the same number that was already entered. Will such problems be fixed in the version in the App catalog?
    I will gladly pay it. Your app is excellent.

Dont worry about the complainer's. They would complain no matter what the price is. Most of them are still getting their allowance from their parents and dont even have a credit card.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I will gladly pay it. Your app is excellent.

Dont worry about the complainer's. They would complain no matter what the price is. Most of them are still getting their allowance from their parents and dont even have a credit card.
    That's uncalled for.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast