Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OMG you guys, this is so crazy!

Today I went to buy gas for my car, and they wouldn't even let me try a few gallons out to 'test' it out before I paid for it! what gives! thanks alot oil companies!

I wonder if my mortgage company will take up this idea?

Okay, this didn't happen, but from reading these posts lately with the paid apps....i dunno...ok i'll grow up now :-)

This place still Rocks!!!

Chris S
    Your metaphor makes ZERO sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    Agree.
  4.    #4  
    take my thanks away, i cannot talk and type :-( DED
    Lawl @ attempt of humorous analogy
    I got a good laugh
  7.    #7  
    all the whining about paying for apps pushed me so far I lost my ability to make sense of what I'm saying!

Yogi Berra would have understood me dammit! haha

Chris S
    So just as a predicated.

whining for paid apps.

whining about paid apps.

The internet has a grime sense of irony.
    Gas = a consumable that we already know exactly what it does.
    Applications = mystery box. Inside of this mystery box could be anything. It could even be a boat.

I don't think application developers have to make a free, lite version, but it would sure be nice. You can't tell from a short description and 3 screenshots how useful an application will be. You only have a certain amount of description space (unlike the iPhone store, I might add) so the company can't tell you everything it does.

I never really understood why they don't make the store work like XBox Live. You download it, like it, then you unlock it with your money. It's a very simple concept to program for but everyone seems to go for the status-quo (aka Apple's App Store).

Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    You mean, his analogy makes zero sense.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  11.    #11  
    well either way, the whino who started this thread made no sense

Chris S
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    You are not even compairing apples to dogs.....rediculous post. Nice try to be funny....but not even close.
    Better comparison would be a new brew of beer. Your fav. bar has it. You want to try it. You pay the bartender $5 for a beer. You don't like it.

You suck it up.

The *****ing and whining makes me almost want to just pull my apps alltogether and get on with my life. It's pathetic.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    The *****ing and whining makes me almost want to just pull my apps alltogether and get on with my life. It's pathetic.
    Now that is not a good attitude to take. Having a lite version is wise if you are trying to charge 4.99 for an app.

If you want to pull your apps because someone would like to test drive your app first, then go ahead. However, if you have produced a good app, what harm would it do to allow a potential buyer the chance to try a watered down version before they buy?

Now, if they complain about the watered down version not having enough features, then you can pleasantly show them your paid app. It works. You will most likely be a better developer if you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by cswee10582 View Post
    OMG you guys, this is so crazy!

Today I went to buy gas for my car, and they wouldn't even let me try a few gallons out to 'test' it out before I paid for it! what gives! thanks alot oil companies!

I wonder if my mortgage company will take up this idea?

Okay, this didn't happen, but from reading these posts lately with the paid apps....i dunno...ok i'll grow up now :-)

This place still Rocks!!!

Chris S
    So, I take it you never test drove your car? Or tried on a pair of jeans or shoes at the shoe?

You metaphor does not reflect upon you very well.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Ninjas View Post
    So, I take it you never test drove your car? Or tried on a pair of jeans or shoes at the shoe?

Analogy...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Ninjas View Post

there is a small price gap in those items. yes i did test drive the car, and tried on the jeans and shoes.

thanks mom,

Chris S
  18.    #18  
    ok, if anyone needs me, i'm going back in the basement!
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Now that is not a good attitude to take. Having a lite version is wise if you are trying to charge 4.99 for an app.
    How would he give a lite version of a calculator exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Applications = mystery box. Inside of this mystery box could be anything. It could even be a boat.
    Well why don't we just take the boa- ... We'll take the mystery box!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast