Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47
  1.    #1  
    Woah damn and no trial = - /.
  2. #2  
    Dude, don't buy it if you don't want it...$10 isn't much for a quality app...do you play golf?

    Chris S
  3. #3  
    10 bucks for "Golf Pin Finder"!? For reals?

    Wow, getting an "App Catalog unavailable. Try again later." error.

    Lots of load on the catalog, I guess.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cswee10582 View Post
    Dude, don't buy it if you don't want it...$10 isn't much for a quality app...do you play golf?

    Chris S
    Getting a little offended their it seems lol. Also I am simply amazed how their is no Trial for a $10 dollar app. Hard to tell the quality of it without buying and most people probably won't without a trial for these type of apps. Seems like $5 and over is the limit that people will stop buying it without a trial first.
  5. #5  
    No trial? Are you kidding? There's been a trial for at least the past 3 weeks in the Homebrew Catalog, and a trial in the App Catalog since Thursday.
  6. #6  
    Give them time the wheels are in motion.

    I guess the dev feels if you have the money to play golf you have the money to pay for a 10 dollar app.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Getting a little offended their it seems lol. Also I am simply amazed how their is no Trial for a $10 dollar app. Hard to tell the quality of it without buying and most people probably won't without a trial for these type of apps. Seems like $5 and over is the limit that people will stop buying it without a trial first.
    i guess in a way i am bothered some...i mean for the week and a half i've been on here all people did was compain about no paid apps. now they're here and all people are doing is complaining. so yeah, im bothered some. Alot of these apps were free in the beta app store previously.

    Chris S
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    No trial? Are you kidding? There's been a trial for the past 3 weeks in the Homebrew Catalog.
    Yes I know this same app has been in the homebrew catalog but I would be assuming with the $10 dollar price tag their would be some added features or other significant differences between them both. Their might also be bugs fixed with this paid app....who knows. Their is ALWAYS a reason for a trial app even if their is a Homebrew version out.
  9. KJ78's Avatar
    Posts
    838 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #9  
    expensive but given the nature i understand it being more expensive than a tetris app. i think $10 is a little high, but if you play a lot of golf it could be worth it. i'd buy it if it was a $2 app, but i don't golf too much anymore and i never had problems estimating distances. for those that need an aid or are always playing unfamiliar courses this could be a very useful app.
  10. #10  
    whoever can afford to play golf frequently enough to need such an app can definitely afford a 10 dollar app
    This signature for rent
  11. #11  
    if you homebrewed then you would have had a trial for months. As a golfer, I've been waiting to buy this app. $10 is nothing for a great and useful app like this.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Yes I know this same app has been in the homebrew catalog but I would be assuming with the $10 dollar price tag their would be some added features or other significant differences between them both. Their might also be bugs fixed with this paid app....who knows. Their is ALWAYS a reason for a trial app even if their is a Homebrew version out.
    The version that you downloaded from the homebrew catalog is a beta. Just because the beta was free doesn't mean the final version is free. Or do you ***** and moan at Microsoft for charging you for Windows after having given a release candidate version of Windows 7 too?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by cswee10582 View Post
    Dude, don't buy it if you don't want it...$10 isn't much for a quality app...do you play golf?

    Chris S
    How do you know if it is a quality app if you can trial it?
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
  14. #14  
    The cost is reasonable. Golf specific GPS devices are $10 to RENT some places.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Ninjas View Post
    How do you know if it is a quality app if you can trial it?
    You've been able to Trial it for almost a week.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    The version that you downloaded from the homebrew catalog is a beta. Just because the beta was free doesn't mean the final version is free. Or do you ***** and moan at Microsoft for charging you for Windows after having given a release candidate version of Windows 7 too?
    Now your putting words in my mouth. When in the hell did I say the final version should be free since the Beta is free? I said their could be significant differences in the homebrew version versus the paid version. Which is why I said a Trial is ALWAYS useful regardless if their is a homebrew version. Get the hell off your high horse.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Now your putting words in my mouth. When in the hell did I say the final version should be free since the Beta is free? I said their could be significant differences in the homebrew version versus the paid version. Which is why I said a Trial is ALWAYS useful regardless if their is a homebrew version. Get the hell off your high horse.
    There IS a trial in the App Catalog, scroll down to last week.

    And you say:
    I would be assuming with the $10 dollar price tag their would be some added features or other significant differences between them both.
    So, no, I don't think I'm putting words into your mouth (besides the fact it wasn't solely directed at you but people in general).
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Now your putting words in my mouth. When in the hell did I say the final version should be free since the Beta is free? I said their could be significant differences in the homebrew version versus the paid version. Which is why I said a Trial is ALWAYS useful regardless if their is a homebrew version. Get the hell off your high horse.
    The homebrew version is beta. Why would there be huge differences between them? That would kill the entire reason for the beta testing.

    Just because there are some devs using the homebrew catalog to release "lite" versions of their apps doesn't mean they all will.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  18. #18  
    $10 is kinda expensive IMO. If you think it's too high then don't buy it.

    Because if it irks you that it's $10 and you bought it, chances are it'll be a couple of bucks in a month or two and you'll really be irked then.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    The cost is reasonable. Golf specific GPS devices are $10 to RENT some places.



    You've been able to Trial it for almost a week.
    You need to be able to trial it before you put your money on it. Even WinMo apps will let you do that.

    My point is not this app specifically.... but when new apps come out... They need to allow you to trial them... At least for a day.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    The homebrew version is beta. Why would there be huge differences between them? That would kill the entire reason for the beta testing.

    Just because there are some devs using the homebrew catalog to release "lite" versions of their apps doesn't mean they all will.
    Beta versions are meant to test for bugs. As I said a trial version is useful regardless if their is a homebrew app or a beta app to see if the bugs that someone may have experienced are still their or not. Again you people are assuming I am asking for a free version of this or a huge extended trial. All I am saying is that it would be nice to have a trial for 1-2 uses or like 3-4 day trial for the official pay release version.

    Edit: @jhoff If the demo version of the GolfPinFinder that was included in the app catalog is the same then I retract my statement.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions