Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    dude, dont buy any apps , they are all beta and are not well developed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Um because the "beta" is a trial version and will expire on a certain date.

Sorry, but I would rather get a fully functional app that is time bombed than a limited feature app that I could use forever if I wanted. How do I know that the features that I am not seeing are worth the money? With a time bombed app I know exactly what I am getting when I pay for it.
    It totally depends on the App. My Word Whirl is the same as Word Whirl Lite, but with only 10 levels. For a functionality based app, you can time limit. Only problem there is that you can easily go into the code and remove the time limit and have a free app. Where if you disable some functionality and don't include the code for it, it can't be upgraded to full for free.

The problem is finding the balance where the developer nor the user gets ripped off.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    It's really amazing how clueless some of you are about this app. First off, hardware based versions of this run from $400 to almost a grand. Software versions for various smartphones are in the range of $50 to $300 bucks. One popular one is $50 for the app and TWENTY BUCKS for EACH golf course you load into it!!!!!

GolfPinFinder works very well. I've been using the evaluation version since it came out a couple of weeks ago. The developer is fixing bugs quickly and it's an awesome app for only ten bucks. ALL OF THE COURSES ARE FREE TO DOWNLOAD! You can create your own if it's not in the database.

Yeesh, if ten bucks seems steep for this excellent app, then you shouldn't be even considering playing golf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Martin View Post
    It's really amazing how clueless some of you are about this app. First off, hardware based versions of this run from $400 to almost a grand. Software versions for various smartphones are in the range of $50 to $300 bucks. One popular one is $50 for the app and TWENTY BUCKS for EACH golf course you load into it!!!!!

GolfPinFinder works very well. I've been using the evaluation version since it came out a couple of weeks ago. The developer is fixing bugs quickly and it's an awesome app for only ten bucks. ALL OF THE COURSES ARE FREE TO DOWNLOAD! You can create your own if it's not in the database.

Yeesh, if ten bucks seems steep for this excellent app, then you shouldn't be even considering playing golf.
    I totally agree with you Gary. I bought my Sky Caddie for $300 and pay $40 per year to keep the subscription active. I have used the homebrew version 3 times in the last week and it works perfectly. I have no problem paying $10.
    Those of you who think $10 is too much money really, truly need to get a better job.

$10 is less than a single dinner at most restaurants nowadays.

Which one lasts you longer?

/I'm assuming your parents aren't paying for your dinner
    I feel as though the main concern is the quality of apps that have been dished out as paid. Sure, this could be a very useful and amazing app, and Yes if we don't want it then we don't buy it. But why is palm and devs dishing out these higher priced apps when the catalog is just starting? In fact, it doesn't even matter that theses higher priced apps are here but why is it that I only see like 3-4 .99 cent apps. Those are the real cash cows. The mentality of buying a .99 cent app vs a 1.99 cent is so staggering that amazes me.

People don't think it's such a hard choice to spend .99 cents. When itunes went from that pricing to the now very stupid 1.29 Cent it makes me think twice as much when paying for songs. There is just something aout the .99 cents that makes it OK. I would have like to have seen more of them when they launched instead of a random number generator that could take one line of code to write.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Now your putting words in my mouth. When in the hell did I say the final version should be free since the Beta is free? I said their could be significant differences in the homebrew version versus the paid version. Which is why I said a Trial is ALWAYS useful regardless if their is a homebrew version. Get the hell off your high horse.
    I see what you did with the first sentence of that paragraph.

Good stuff!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123