Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ok, now that we have paid apps...can people stop whining about the prices already? I've been a pre owner since sept. 25th, and I joined this forum the same day...since I've joined it seems almost daily you would read a thread/post about people complaining about no paid apps yet in the app store...come on people. Here they are! Buy them IF you want to. IF you don't want to buy them, then you don't have to.

I will still say I love this site, I love all the people on here, and think this place is great, alot of great ideas/opinions.

Chris S
    well put
  3.    #3  
    Thank you Cnote, this is something that is bothering me alot. seeing people complain that NOW the apps they were begging for (paid apps) have arrived. I guess some people are never happy. I say keep up the great work PALM you have a great product, and are doing just fine if you ask me!

Chris S
    It's not about the price. It's about not being able to try before you buy.

4.99 maybe a good price to pay for an app, but I wouldn't know that until I tried it.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    I don't care about prices, I just want Tweed 1.0 and a Facebook app.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Quote Originally Posted by cswee10582 View Post
    Buy them IF you want to. IF you don't want to buy them, then you don't have to.

I will still say I love this site, I love all the people on here, and think this place is great, alot of great ideas/opinions.

Chris S
    I want to but CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    I want to but CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you can't?
    you can't?
    NOPE

Because of the APP LIMIT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post
    I don't care about prices, I just want Tweed 1.0 and a Facebook app.
    Same, I couldn't care less about games and weather apps. Want something to improve my productivity.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    NOPE

Because of the APP LIMIT!
    DED sorry
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Same, I couldn't care less about games and weather apps. Want something to improve my productivity.
    I'm happy with whatever they put out...a calander add on would be nice, something in that direction...I miss how winmo had it right on my main screen what i had set up for the day and what i had coming up in the days ahead without having to open the calander app...winmo prob. did it that way so you wouldn't have to open the UGLY calander :-)

Chris S
    Great point. I guess we should stop complaining about HAVING paid apps after spending months complaining about the LACK of paid apps.

I think some of us have sticker shock, some of the prices seem pretty expensive... but browsing through my roommates iPhone app catalog shows a lot of $5/$10 apps too.

Happy app downloading!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    Great point. I guess we should stop complaining about HAVING paid apps after spending months complaining about the LACK of paid apps.

I think some of us have sticker shock, some of the prices seem pretty expensive... but browsing through my roommates iPhone app catalog shows a lot of $5/$10 apps too.

Happy app downloading!
    I can understand sticker shock

YOU are the MAN (or woman)

Chris S
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i want to call bs on friends flow. version .0.1.4 and you want to charge 1.99? c'mon man.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    FriendsFlow for $1.99 when I have the newer homebrew version? LOL.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post
    FriendsFlow for $1.99 when I have the newer homebrew version? LOL.
    That's my issue. We were so used to having these awesome homebrew apps for free (with the exception of MyTether's $10 "donation" for the 2.0 version), that these paid app prices seem a little shocking, especially for the versions that have lower revisions than the homebrew counterparts.

NewsRoom looks nice, but looks like version of Feeds (RSS Reader) with a nicer GUI.

Lottery Generator just seems laughable to charge for, but hey, it's 99 cents.

Workout Tracker seems to have the right idea, but the time limit just seems silly. I hate that. Just give limited functionality with no time limit.

Mezzoman Lite and Word Whirl have it right.

And I swear, if an eBay/Paypal/Facebook app comes up from their official counterparts and they are paid apps, I'm gonna flip.

Also, this app limit is ****ing me off.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    ok, now that we have paid apps...can people stop whining about the prices already? I've been a pre owner since sept. 25th, and I joined this forum the same day...since I've joined it seems almost daily you would read a thread/post about people complaining about no paid apps yet in the app store...come on people. Here they are! Buy them IF you want to. IF you don't want to buy them, then you don't have to.

Chris S
    get your head out of the snow!
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    get your head out of the snow!
    you get out of the sun! lucky

Chris S
    The people who complained about no apps don't necessarily have to be ones complaining apps priced too high. but if the usernames match up, more power to you.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Yeah I think a few of the prices are unrealistic, but I'm not gonna complain about it. The market will adjust itself. Like others have said... if you think it's too expensive, just don't buy it!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast