View Poll Results: "Lite" version makes you more likely to bite?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Lite version is a must before I buy

82 83.67%
  • Meh, if it looks good, I will buy

16 16.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PALM has already stated that any webOS apps you purchase will be available to you on other devices when/if you upgrade.

If you switch to another platform like Blackberry or Android why would you need or want to use the old phone? Sure the Pre is a cammera, GPS, etc. but being as it was designed as a phone first and all those other things second how much value does it really have after 2 years? Are you going to want to take it and your new phone with you wherever you go? Unlikely...you would grab your real camera or real GPS or iPod instead.

Also I'm unsure why the lack of cellular service would kill the phone. If I turn it on in the sub basement of the hospital (no service) most other functions of the phone work fine down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Isn't that the point of smartphones? To be something beyond just being a simple telephone? The Pre has WiFi, GPS, a Camera, an MP3 player, an email client, and soon will have thousands of apps. Just because someone switches to android or even switches to the PRE2 next year shouldn't mean that the current phone is useless. We paid for the phone (and the apps coming out soon) so it shouldn't be dead just because we no longer have cell service.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by cswee10582 View Post
    How bout this: DON'T buy it...nobody will make you do it. Geez, everyone b*****d that there were no paid apps , everyone kept saying palm lied to them, palm didn't keep their promises, ENOUGH!

IF YOU DON"T LIKE IT, DON'T BUY IT!

wait a week and see how they are going to roll this out, when they have it all going at %100, then WHINE.

I WANT I WANT I WANT!

Chris S
    Your theory doesn't really hold up in the real world. You test drive a car, take samples at Sam's Club, and date before getting married. Why is it so far fetched to want to try an App before busting out 4.99?
    Totally agree @ 5$ a pop I want to see how it works first. Perhaps a limited functionality version or a time trial of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Your theory doesn't really hold up in the real world. You test drive a car, take samples at Sam's Club, and date before getting married. Why is it so far fetched to want to try an App before busting out 4.99?
    Give it time guys, this is just the beginning. There are a bunch of Pre owners who are "app hungry". They want to part with their money and these developers are more than happy to help. If people put up apps with trial and they sell while those without don't, you'll see almost every app get a trial version. The catalog will grow quickly, but will take a while to settle down to where reasonable (re CHEAP) people will be able to make rational purchasing decisions. Remember, the iPhone has ~40,000 apps of which ~39,800 are useless, redundant and most importantly a complete waste of money.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12