1.    #1  
    I'm now joining the PPCC (Palm Pre Complainers Club).

I have been a loyal Palm enthusaist for many years. I've always actually paid for my devices... Well, except for those that Novell (my first Treo 270) and Sprint (my 650p, 700p, and Airave) gave me for free.

I've always paid my Sprint bill (well, except for those two times they screwed up and gave me credits towards my bill)...

I bought the Pre the day it came out, and was even willing to wait in line, until the rep at the store said he'd take my name and made a reservation at 1:00pm. But the point is that I was willing by gosh.

All applications for th Palm Pre, since the day it was introduced, were free. Now they're trying to foist off this "pay for programming" nonsense.

I don't care to hear any nonsense about programmers needing to make money, nor do I care that there have been pretty strong hints all along that Palm would eventually charge... There was never an official announcement by gosh, and I've always gotten Palm Pre apps for free.

I think if we all get together, and individually post new threads proclaiming the unfairness of it all, that will get Palm's attention, and they're sure to give in to our demands!

Who's with me??

=-=-=-=-=
    Sorry guys, I thought the sarcasm was obvious enough. There's only one resply (so far) that has interacted with me before. I thought the "trolling" comment a bit harsh, but not surprised by it.

This was sarcastic response to those that demand that Palm do what they've always done, provide what they've always provided, be exactly what they've always been, and profitability, new direction, desire to remain in business be damned...
    Last edited by hparsons; 10/05/2009 at 04:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    What's your point? Programmers have the right to charge for any app they make. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Or better yet, program your own apps.

Some apps will be free, some won't.
    Not trying to really call you out, but is this a serious thread? Honestly. If you do not want to pay for apps, don't. Just use the free apps in the catalog.
    He is trolling and he isn't very good at it.
    the app catalog was still in beta. theyve been announcing paid apps coming for sometime....just cuz people dont want to pay doesnt mean they will stay free....if you want some good apps, programmers will need to put extensive time into ironing out the bugs.....not something that all will do for free.
    Not me - I am more than willing to pay 3rd party developers for applications that enhance my personal experience with my Pre.

I really don't see why this is any different than buying a computer with an OS on it but pretty much nothing else.
    Last edited by treo2die4; 10/05/2009 at 09:12 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    He is trolling and he isn't very good at it.
    I'm quite pleased you find me deficient in this area. You've proven to be quite a master at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm quite pleased you find me deficient in this area. You've proven to be quite a master at it.
    Be careful man if Rubenstein ever comes to a sudden stop we'll have to send a search party out for your head.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I can't believe so many missed hparson's point. Good post hparson.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Be careful man if Rubenstein ever comes to a sudden stop we'll have to send a search party out for your head.
    Rubenstein? That the guy that gave me the Treo 270? Oh wait, no that was Novell. Ahhh, the later 650, 700, and Airave... Oh wait, those were Sprint.

I'm sorry, I take back the "good at trolling" post. Apparently, you think you're better at it than you really are...

Keep trying though. Hey, give it all a shot on the iPhone forums, but they think your a hero there!!
    Ahh ... got it now. I am normally pretty good at this sarcasm thing. I guess I missed this one. This is seriously why there needs to be a sarcasm emoticon.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Ahh ... got it now. I am normally pretty good at this sarcasm thing. I guess I missed this one. This is seriously why there needs to be a sarcasm emoticon.
    Awwww, c'mon. At least you caught that it might not be serious... Besides, this should have been the dead giveaway:

I think if we all get together, and individually post new threads proclaiming the unfairness of it all, that will get Palm's attention, and they're sure to give in to our demands!
  13.    #13  
    It worked !!! I didn't even need ya'ls help!! Palm has removed all of the paid apps! Guess Ishowed 'em!

Next, I'm taking on Microsoft. I'm going to force them to phase out Vista.

After that, I may go after Apple about the iTunes nonsense!
  14.    #14  
    Dang ... never mind...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Awwww, c'mon. At least you caught that it might not be serious... Besides, this should have been the dead giveaway:
    I can't believe I didn't catch it. I must have read it too fast. However, what is that stat? That only 7 percent or so of communication is in the written word. The other 93% is from inflection, body language, volume, etc. We only get a small glimpse of what everyone is trying to say on here.