Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    Did someone try to pay for the Air Hockey App that can't install any new Apps because the App limit?

    If you can purchase it still but not download it I have a solution.


    We all need to purchase that App and email, call,text Palm support and complain. That way Palm Will get 800,000 people complaining about the APP limit.

    Sound like a Plan

    I just tried it and it will not let you purchase it. So it must try to install it first before paying for it.
    Last edited by michaelrj; 10/05/2009 at 04:29 PM.
  2. #2  
    Sorry, I am not paying for something I cannot download. To release paid apps and not address this issue is perposterous. Palm needs to fix this problem or their App Catalog will fail and developers will go elsewhere.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  3. #3  
    So you are suggesting buying an application I can't use then complain about it after the fact?

    I just skipped a step and complained that I can't/won't buy any applications until the memory error is fixed. I will only download through Preware (friggin' awesome program). I wish Preware could be the official app catalog.



    nb
  4. #4  
    If you want everyone to buy it, it needs to be something other than a hockey app. I don't care about hockey.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggnaa20 View Post
    So you are suggesting buying an application I can't use then complain about it after the fact?

    I just skipped a step and complained that I can't/won't buy any applications until the memory error is fixed. I will only download through Preware (friggin' awesome program). I wish Preware could be the official app catalog.



    nb
    Complaining has not worked for the last three months with the paid Apps. But if the 800,000 Pre owners complain at the same time maybe that would give Palm a insentive to do something.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    Complaining has not worked for the last three months with the paid Apps. But if the 800,000 Pre owners complain at the same time maybe that would give Palm a insentive to do something.
    They will have plenty of incentive when the Catalog fails to generate any significant revenue. Will it be soon enough to save the platform? That is the question.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  7. #7  
    thats not good.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    Complaining has not worked for the last three months with the paid Apps. But if the 800,000 Pre owners complain at the same time maybe that would give Palm a insentive to do something.
    Yeah, I hear ya, but I can't in good conscience pay Palm my measly $.60 if I KNOW I can't download the thing. And I refuse to play the delete-to-install game since I have a lot of nice homebrew apps on here that seem to be dropping off Preware. I have to keep them on the phone if i want to keep them.

    If you complain again now, I will be there with you in voice, text and spirit...but not dollars.

    nb
  9. #9  
    yeh not sure with Palm's thinking, i mean the FIRST app is out, and already people's pres are full and cant install no more, no what happens when theres 1000's of apps in catalog? Palm get on the ball
  10. #10  
    Hey guy send it in here www(dot)palm(dot)com/us/company/feedback(dot)html if everyone does Palm will have to fix the App memory limit soon. Sorry about the weird address I don't have 10 posts yet.
  11. #12  
    Here's a question: How many people that have NOT installed any homebrew apps are experiencing this memory limitation?

    Not sarcasm, I'm honestly curious. If it's just us homebrewers, then Palm may just ignore the issue.
  12.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    Here's a question: How many people that have NOT installed any homebrew apps are experiencing this memory limitation?

    Not sarcasm, I'm honestly curious. If it's just us homebrewers, then Palm may just ignore the issue.
    When I Doctored my phone a while ago I downloaded as many catalog Apps until I got the memory error then installed the homebrew. So the limit is there without installing homebrew Apps.
  13. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    When I Doctored my phone a while ago I downloaded as many catalog Apps until I got the memory error then installed the homebrew. So the limit is there without installing homebrew Apps.
    How may apps could you get on there before it crapped out?
  14. jeffmcc's Avatar
    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #15  
    buying it will just tell the developers that we all like stupid games.....

    NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  15.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggnaa20 View Post
    How may apps could you get on there before it crapped out?
    I don't remember exactly but it was somewhere around 40. It all depends on what APPS you install. With larger Apps coming out that are out there in the range of 8mb-12mb it will be sooner. All you get is 256MB storage

Posting Permissions