1.    #1  
    I was under the impression that Splash data was going to release some way of exporting or backup up solution for SplashID, since that's where we keep important information. Though, up to this day there doesn't seem to be any solution. Now, I was thinking since we can pull files out of the Pre using WebOS QuickInstall, is there a way I can extract the SplashID database and then restore it once I get my new Pre? If you can do this, anybody knows what file I need to pull from the Pre?
    I am very interested in this also. With paid apps now coming out, SplashData will probably come out with a paid app that syncs to their Desktop version - hopefully soon.

Any WebOS hackers out there know what file(s) contains SplashID data?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  3.    #3  
    I found this:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post1948355

No need to gain root access.

All I did was install internalz and its file manager service.

Then just navigate to /var/palm/data/ then find the folder called file_var.usr.palm.applicatioins.com.splashdata.app.splashid_0/

Copy that folder and select /media/internal as the destination folder.

This will give you a copy of your splashID database in your USB partition that you can see when you connect your Pre to your computer. Make a copy of this folder on your computer.

To restore after a hard reset or Doctor session just reverse these steps.
  4.    #4  
    I just did it it works!
    Excellent. Now we can wait for a more automated solution. Thank you friend.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  6.    #6  
    New update on the app store is now priced $4.99 and doesn't have any new features. Sucks that I thought it came with a backup solution after reading the description, but I was wrong. Don't update until they add this feature.
  7.    #7  
    Now that the Palm Pre is storing information in a different location anybody knows where the SplashID database is located?
    Looks like it's /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/
    My SpashID data got hosed when I assumed that the 1.3.5 update would go smoothly after I went through the trouble of uninstalling themes and patches - locked up and had to doctor. big sigh. I still have most of the data in PasswordsPlus though.

Question now is: what is the best 'wallet' app for WebOS with sync capability right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Delgarth View Post
    Looks like it's /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/
    Thats where I found mine, is this correct?
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Found this other post that has the directions on how to do it with 1.3.5. Worked for me.
    I agree with the post above to the link that specifies
    /var/palm/data/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.splashdata.app.splashid_0
    as the db location.

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ does contain splashID files, but I think they are the program files. I did not find the db file there.

Using Internalz, it is a bit hard to navigate to
    file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.splashdata.app.splashid_0
    since the name is so long and there are many folders that begin
    file_.media.cryptofs.apps....
    and that is all that is visible for me in Internalz.

Is there another way to use Internalz to read long folder names? Also the File Info option for Internalz does not do anything for me. Is that consistent with others' experiences? I wanted to check the time stamp on the splashID database, but was unable to using the Info pop-up option.
    SplashID just got an update in the App catalog, to 4.2.1.

It now has a backup and restore function explicitly in the app.

The backup function emails an encrypted version of the database. The restore function just has you copy and paste the contents of that email to SplashID, and it imports it from that.
    This should be sufficient ... finally! Now, I can consider replacing my launch day pre due to a small USB crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    SplashID just got an update in the App catalog, to 4.2.1.

It now has a backup and restore function explicitly in the app.

The backup function emails an encrypted version of the database. The restore function just has you copy and paste the contents of that email to SplashID, and it imports it from that.
    Have you used this yet? How well does it work? I had SplashID for my 755p, but haven't moved over yet for the Pre because of the backup functionality...

Also, can you import the data back into the Desktop SplashID application, or is it just valid for the Pre application?
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Have you used this yet? How well does it work? I had SplashID for my 755p, but haven't moved over yet for the Pre because of the backup functionality...
    Yes, I used the "delete all records" button and then restored from the backup in my email, and it put me exactly where I left off.

Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Also, can you import the data back into the Desktop SplashID application, or is it just valid for the Pre application?
    I don't know if there's some way to get that email into a file that SplashID Desktop understands, unfortunately. You can export an unencrypted vid from SplashID Desktop and then use that to create the initial database on the Pre (and of course then delete the unencrypted vid from the Pre's mass storage), but it's only one way so far.

The App Catalog description does mention "SplashID sync with SplashID Live and Desktop coming soon...." though.