Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I tried using the search feature of the forum but I keep getting an error. Anyways about 30 percent of the time when I close my pre the damn phone turns off on me. Its really annoying because I will close it and put it in my pocket to only find out 8 hours later my phone has been of all day. So what should I do? Take it back to sprint or try putting paper in there like some of the users here have done.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    This is a known issue, take your phone into a sprint store and they should replace your battery. If this does not resolve the issue then fold a small piece of paper and place it on the left side of the battery (if you are looking at the back of the phone) There is a small notch on the left side that in some cases allows the battery to move a little bit. I had the same issue but it is now resolved.
    Yeah bring it back and get another battery, or you could try the paper or put a layer or two of scotch tape around the battery.
    "Last edited by ChappyEight; 09/24/2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: To bow to zeravla."
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    This happened to me. I went to Sprint and they ordered me a new battery. According to the employee, batteries manufactured in certain countries had the possibility of being too short, so when you close it the battery becomes separated from the contacts and the phone shuts off. The newer phones have a foam pad to help prevent this, but for those of us who were early adopters the only solution is to get another battery.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    My phone just started doing this after the last patch. I have had the phone soon after release and have never really had a problem till this weekend! Not sure if it's related to the patch or if my luck has run out with the battery. Has there been any other reports of this happening after the last patch?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Well thats good to know it can be fixed with a new battery. I remember reading that palm started putting a small piece of cloth inside to make the battery hold better. I am glad I don't have to replace the phone to fix this issue.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    (*Groucho*) "Then stop closing it so hard" */Groucho*
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Link is dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiako View Post
    Link is dead.

Use the fairy you have in the jar.
    "Last edited by ChappyEight; 09/24/2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: To bow to zeravla."
    Ma bad.. so try calling to that number and tell them about the issue with the battery loose , they are suppose to send you a new one, because is a hardware problem!
    started a couple of months after getting the phone on opening day, any tap or closing slider too hard causes phone to turn off. needless to say very annoying. can't believe it had anything to do with the update it just starts when it starts, mine never did it before and when it started it had nothing to do with an update. took mine back to sprint, had damage to one of the side buttons so they used it as a reason not to simply replace a known issue and i used my insurance instead (100.00), kind of bull but at least i got a new phone. sorry just not willing to buy a topline device and put makeshift shims in it. they did not make it an option to get a battery
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    After reading that other thread some people have said sprint just sent them a new phone instead of a battery. I rather have the battery so I guess I should just call the number then.
    yes, i called directly to that number ( palm number) they ask you some questions about your serial number and things like that, they was trying to do a reset on my phone and i tell him look i know the problem is the battery loose and when i put a piece of paper my phone dont turn off anymore and then he said a lot of people is calling for the same issue ill send a new battery !.. and they didt!
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    They did or didn't?
    yea they did it and my phone is working perfectly since then!
    Got mine the first weekend of release. It's always shut down when I slide the phone closed without slowing it down with my thumb.
    I just cut a small piece of that orange waffle paper from the Pre box and slid it on top of the battery, on the opposite side from the power prongs.
    Hasn't shut off since.