Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Hey, i just got a Pre yesterday. I have notice i get no sounds, notifcations, or vibrations for texts. what do i do? do i need to change a setting?
  2. #2  
    I've noticed this as well, the only reason I know I've got a TXT or Email or Voice Mail is because I have blink notifications installed/enabled. Think it's a 1.2.1 bug, because I had no issues with 1.2
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I've noticed this as well, the only reason I know I've got a TXT or Email or Voice Mail is because I have blink notifications installed/enabled. Think it's a 1.2.1 bug, because I had no issues with 1.2
    see i wouldnt know. I just got the phone and upgrade to 1.2.1 directly. i noticed never know when a text has come. i actually have to go the app and open it and check. this is a BIG problem
  4.    #4  
    bump is no one else having this or do you guys think its not a serious issue?
  5.    #5  
    can i please get some help!
  6. #6  
    Ok calm down. So you say you have a virgin Pre (no hacks or tweaks/patches) and can't get alert sounds? Did you check the Sounds and Ringtones prefs app to make sure they are enabled? Did you check the messaging prefs app to make sure notifications are enabled and play sound is on? Have you done a soft reset?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Ok calm down. So you say you have a virgin Pre (no hacks or tweaks/patches) and can't get alert sounds? Did you check the Sounds and Ringtones prefs app to make sure they are enabled? Did you check the messaging prefs app to make sure notifications are enabled and play sound is on? Have you done a soft reset?
    how do i soft reset?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by prefanatic View Post
    how do i soft reset?
    Turn your Pre on and off.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by darksniper404 View Post
    Turn your Pre on and off.
    lol calling it a soft reset makes it sound fancier than what it is. will do and i'll report back
  10.    #10  
    alright it seems to be working now even though i had turned it on and off before and it still didnt work. i dunno but im happy its working again
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by prefanatic View Post
    alright it seems to be working now even though i had turned it on and off before and it still didnt work. i dunno but im happy its working again
    Good to see you got it working, can't wait to get a pre.
  12. #12  
    yes turning it off/on essentially does the same thing. But it's faster if you type option + sym + R.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    yes turning it off/on essentially does the same thing. But it's faster if you type option + sym + R.
    Sorry I don't have a Pre. Also to the OP a hard reset would be like holding the power button on your computer down until it shuts off. Only when the system is not working do you hard reset.
  14. #14  
    I've had mine for a while and I do have the blink patch installed and if my screen is off and someone sends me a text, the pop up notification doesn't come up. The screen turns on and the sound comes on but no notification. And yes, I have them turned on when the screen is locked.
    NOOOOOOORTH!
  15. #15  
    I am having this issue too, soft reset is not fixing it.

    started happening with 1.2.1

Posting Permissions