Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    if your phone is just sitting there not being used, why not put it on the charger and leave the connection on...phone gets charged, you get your emails, and you dont forget to have to turn your connection back on when you go somewhere?
    I don't bring a charger with me to the work, and while I would forget with my horrible memroy lol, the Pre helps me with automatically turning on wifi back on when its powered back on. With the Data Usage on, I'm back in my "Treo" mode and I've been used to that, I'm not in a dire need to have all my emails be checked as they come in, I'll get to them when I need them.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeravla531 View Post
    Enough about your Blackberry Curve, what about the Pre?
    Lol - I can see how you might think that, but my Pre has been great since I got my new battery from Palm. Usually at this point I am at 70% or so, but this is quite a bit better. Not sure why.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Lol - I can see how you might think that, but my Pre has been great since I got my new battery from Palm. Usually at this point I am at 70% or so, but this is quite a bit better. Not sure why.

It's weird, i currently use the Seidio 1350 mah, and some days my battery is EPIC and some days my battery is sub-par. The same happened with my OEM.

Not sure why it isn't more consistent.
    "Last edited by ChappyEight; 09/24/2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: To bow to zeravla."
    i broke down and purchased the seidio 2600 and never looked back great battery
    If it worked with the TS i would have gotten it.
    "Last edited by ChappyEight; 09/24/2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: To bow to zeravla."
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I don't bring a charger with me to the work, and while I would forget with my horrible memroy lol, the Pre helps me with automatically turning on wifi back on when its powered back on. With the Data Usage on, I'm back in my "Treo" mode and I've been used to that, I'm not in a dire need to have all my emails be checked as they come in, I'll get to them when I need them.
    I purchased the Pre car charger.. http://store.everythingpre.com/palm-.../5A47A4229.htm for $20

The cord detaches from the outlet plug and is a usb charger so I bring it into work and leave it here during the day if I want to charge it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeravla531 View Post
    It's weird, i currently use the Seidio 1350 mah, and some days my battery is EPIC and some days my battery is sub-par. The same happened with my OEM.

Not sure why it isn't more consistent.
    The battery I have is the same as the stock battery. Palm called me a while back and asked me what I thought about the Pre. I told them the battery was a major issue for me, and they sent me out a new battery free of charge.

I would have bought an extended life battery prior to that point, but I never have to charge it mid-day anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    The battery I have is the same as the stock battery. Palm called me a while back and asked me what I thought about the Pre. I told them the battery was a major issue for me, and they sent me out a new battery free of charge.

I would have bought an extended life battery prior to that point, but I never have to charge it mid-day anymore.
    That's awesome. My original stock battery barely got me through the day, sometimes dying prior, sometimes making it through.

I got the Seidio for that extra little oomph to get it through the day.

On most days i go to sleep with about 10-20% left.

With the OEM, it was around 0-10%.
    Unfortunately, I think the best solution is to get two (yes, two) Touchstone base units and two AC chargers. I have one at work and one at my bedside. Because it is so blessed easy to plunk it down there, and looks so flippin' sweet just sitting there, you'll soon forget the pain of buying them.

I'm real tempted to get a third for my car, just so I have a nice, up-high and visible place to put my phone instead of on the seat next to me or in the cup holder.
    Palm history: II, IIIc, Kyocera 7135, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, FrankenPre+, (legit) Pre+ & TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by acaplinger View Post
    Unfortunately, I think the best solution is to get two (yes, two) Touchstone base units and two AC chargers. I have one at work and one at my bedside. Because it is so blessed easy to plunk it down there, and looks so flippin' sweet just sitting there, you'll soon forget the pain of buying them.

I'm real tempted to get a third for my car, just so I have a nice, up-high and visible place to put my phone instead of on the seat next to me or in the cup holder.
    Get two Pre's, and activate one when the other dies.
    I keep a Touchstone at every location i have ever been to in the tri-state area.
    After owning a Moto Q I am just happy if the phone last to lunch. The Pre makes it through the day with some juice to spare unless I am really using the phone quite a bit.

The idea of 2 charges and 2 Touch Stones is probably the best solution. After using one pulling off the cover to plug this thing in seems like such a pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by scott091981 View Post
    After owning a Moto Q I am just happy if the phone last to lunch. The Pre makes it through the day with some juice to spare unless I am really using the phone quite a bit.

The idea of 2 charges and 2 Touch Stones is probably the best solution. After using one pulling off the cover to plug this thing in seems like such a pain.
    Interesting... My Moto Q always lasted at least 24 hours. I wonder if it has much more to do with the carrier (I was not on sprint at the time).
  14.    #34  
    I am the OP of this post, I feel obliged to make a statement now: My Pre's battery life is very good now, Can last over a day with moderate various use: music, camera, browse, news, some apps, text, phone calls...

It I don't use it, the battery goes down about 2% each hour.

I would say I'm pretty satisfied with Pre battery.
    this is my 4th or 5th smart phone and the only one that i keep actively charged whereever i am (work, home, car).... big PITA
    I have the Seidio 1350 battery and been using it since I got my Pre. I haven't had any battery issues till just the past few days. I don't have any homebrews or tweaks or patched of any sort. I do have about 6 or 7 apps from the catalog. I turned off all location services and with the good Sprint reception in my area, I don't turn on Wifi unless I am downloading.

Up to and including several days after the 1.2.1 update, I never had battery problems. I would fully charge it just before bedtime and it would still be over 95% in the morning. I would have generally normal to lite usage, couple phone calls, listen to music and maybe get on the web. At the end of the day, battery maybe 30 to 40 %.

Three days ago I downloaded the "WHERE" App. I do NOT understand how this app would be the cause, but my battery, fully charged at midnight, would be 25% at 7 am. I did make sure location services were OFF. This has happened for the past couple days. I deleted the Where app this morn, recharged to 100 %, and now 8 hours later it is 85%. All I did was delete the Where App. This is more like it was before that app.

Anyone have any ideas why. I like the app but the battery drain is unacceptable.
    Last edited by preforme; 10/10/2009 at 02:19 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12