Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Well I picked up my Pre Saturday for the 30 day trial run(while currently keeping my iPhone just in case). A few questions I was hoping you guys could help me out with:

1. I have the oreo effect, and it's pretty significant, enough to make me exchange it for a new one. However, I added some tweaks already. Can you confirm I have to use webOSDoctor to restore it back to original form before exchanging? I don't want to walk in the store and have the rep see my blinking LED and question it! Im assuming so, just want to make sure.
    2. What color should the battery indicator be? I tried installing a them using WOQI yesterday (prior to 2.72) and now my battery is grey with the percentage in green. I realize it all depends on the state of the battery life, but shouldnt the battery indicator be green if the percent is green? WOD will restore it anyway before exchanging, but just wondering...
    3. I paid 175 for the phone after taxes(and once I get my rebate). Can I return the phone if I decide to stick with it within the 30days and just buy through Amazon?

Thanks
    bvilly
    Quote Originally Posted by bvilly View Post
    Well I picked up my Pre Saturday for the 30 day trial run(while currently keeping my iPhone just in case). A few questions I was hoping you guys could help me out with:

1. I have the oreo effect, and it's pretty significant, enough to make me exchange it for a new one. However, I added some tweaks already. Can you confirm I have to use webOSDoctor to restore it back to original form before exchanging? I don't want to walk in the store and have the rep see my blinking LED and question it! Im assuming so, just want to make sure.
    Yes, WebOSDr will restore it to out-of-the-box settings. However, just uninstall the tweak. The strore probably wouldn't notice it if you left it on anyhow. BTW, the oreo affect is only in the closed position. There's nothing to worry about as the functionality and durability are not affected. If the phone is defective (i.e. excessive 'oreo'), there is a 1 year mfg (Palm) warranty. Sprint has been pretty good about replacing the phone with new or refurbs and the replacements have significantly less 'oreo'
    2. What color should the battery indicator be? I tried installing a them using WOQI yesterday (prior to 2.72) and now my battery is grey with the percentage in green. I realize it all depends on the state of the battery life, but shouldnt the battery indicator be green if the percent is green? WOD will restore it anyway before exchanging, but just wondering...
    Yes WODr will restore it....but I wouldn't worry about it, Sprint store really doesn't care
    3. I paid 175 for the phone after taxes(and once I get my rebate). Can I return the phone if I decide to stick with it within the 30days and just buy through Amazon?

Thanks
    bvilly
    You should be able to cancel it. You will be liable for usage charges of your plan. There may be a waiting period before you can re-open an account under your same info. FYI, Sprint will not process your rebate until AFTER the 30 day period has elapsed.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Thanks Milenko. I am going to try calling Sprint customer care about maybe getting a credit so it would bring the phone down to a price that I would be paying as if I bought through Amazon. Being that I just got the phone Saturday, wouldn't this be considered new and it shouldn't have the 'oreo'. Unless the store isnt selling many Pre's and I got an old batch?
    I picked up a Pre on Friday and I have the Oreo effect, but it's not bad.

It's a slider, so honestly, it's tough to not have something like this happen with the phone. I'm going to deal with it for now. I can deal with at, as long as it doesn't happen when the keyboard is out.

As far as the battery, I've been having a good experience. I've run it down twice and charge it overnight. So far, so good. Moderate to heavy use and I'm still over 80% after 7 hours.
    FWIW...My wife's launch-gen Pre (got it 2 weeks after launch) had oero. Got water-damaged and replaced with a new unit. No oreo effect and was tight and crisp. She water damaged that one (yes, she's a habitual phone abuser) and the thrid one was back to oero.... although the store was calling it a 'demo' unit. I accepted it as they were out of stock and couldn't wait, so it might have been an oreo return 'demo'. So it could be hit-or-miss.

I've had mine since launch and it too has oreo. However, it's in and out of my pocket every day, with me at the gym daily, in my back pocket while mowing the lawn on the weekends and in my pocket during soccer refereeing matches also on the weekend. Absolutely no ill affects and it functions like it should. The oreo hasn't gotten worse, nor better obviously. I'm not saying that you/anyone should settle for one that has oreo..just saying that it DOES NOT affect the device.
    Last edited by MilenkoD; 10/05/2009 at 01:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    ok thanks for the info guys. mine is significant to the point where it "clicks" when the phone vibrates. I am not referring to the normal vibration sound, and I have it on a soft surface.