1.    #1  
    Hey guys, First post on the forums but have been always on the forums when I needed some help. My problem is I installed the new WebOsQuickInstall and updated my Pre to 1.2.1. Now I downloaded preware and have followed the instructions on the main page on how to get the LED Notifications right down to the last word. When I go to available patches the only option its giving me is the virtual keyboard. Am I doing something wrong? Any kind of help would really be great..
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Diablos3k,

First, welcome to the forum.

In order to install patches other than Virtual Keyboard, you need to install the "autopatch feed" in Preware.

In Preware, tap the menu button at upper left, tap Preferences and make sure that Show All Package Types in set to ON.

Back out of Preferences, go to the menu button again, and tap "Update Feeds."

Now go to "Available Patches">All and tap "autopatch feed." After it's installed, you should see LED Notifications and all other available patches when you tap on Available Patches on the Preware screen.
    I think you're getting webOS Q I and Preware mixed up. If all you want is the LED Notification, do it through WebOS Q I 'Tweak' menu. Although Preware offers a lot more in the way of programs, it's an advanced program in regards to a newer fans of the homebrew scene.
    I thought 1.2.1 gives you this? Sure it doesn't have an option box, so its always on. Thats how mine is working now and its good so far.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I thought 1.2.1 gives you this? Sure it doesn't have an option box, so its always on. Thats how mine is working now and its good so far.
    Other posts here indicate that it is not enabled in 1.2.1. Did you have it installed prior to the update? If so, it seems that the settings to enable the LED are residual, but the ON/OFF switch was deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    Other posts here indicate that it is not enabled in 1.2.1. Did you have it installed prior to the update? If so, it seems that the settings to enable the LED are residual, but the ON/OFF switch was deleted.
    Wow, that sucks, I thought Palm was smart and gave it to everyone. LOL Yeah, I had it on and was cursing myself when I updated because I forgot to remove the tweak, thankfully Pre didn't die and all is well.
  7.    #7  
    gc916,

Thanks a lot! Finally got it working. Now I'm sure I read in other forums that some people are having issues with getting the notifications on Missed Calls right? Read that it practically works for everything other than missed calls. Unless again I'm being nooby again lol
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    You're welcome. I'm glad you got it working.

I know that some have reported that the LED isn't working for missed calls, but it is for me. I have no idea why.
    So, without doing anything else, all I have to do is go to the tweak menu in the WebOS Quick Install menu 2.7 version and check it?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    So, without doing anything else, all I have to do is go to the tweak menu in the WebOS Quick Install menu 2.7 version and check it?
    Yes, it's that easy as long as you followed all the instructions to set-up your Pre (developer mode) and all the Java requirements.
    Hmm...it's asking me to install a bunch of other stuff when I click on the tweak menu. **** it, don't wanna do anything wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    Hm, it's telling me I have to install some other stuff when I go to that menu.

Screw it, I'll just wait for an update instead of ****in' around with it.
    Sounds right to me...
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    And don't forget to switch it on in the "Screen & Lock" preference app.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    I have found Preware to be fantastic; I like being able to check for updates and new patches while out.
    Is PreWare an IPK file that I can install with the quickinstall?
    Quote Originally Posted by aezrilov View Post
    I have found Preware to be fantastic; I like being able to check for updates and new patches while out.
    The only thing I find confusing is the diffrence between autopatched stuff, 1.2.1 compatible progs and all the other programs on there. With FileCoaster on Precentral, it's far easier to use.