Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Hey there,

Q: I copyrighted an idea for an App because I don't have the slightest idea of how to right programs. Does anyone out there have any ideas of how to get this App written?

Thanks in Advance for any input....

Peace,
    Chris
    shark918v
    If you don't want to learn then you're going to have to pay someone else to write it.

There are many places you can request. One place being the developer forums at Palm's developer site (more specifically their job board).

You could also check out rent-a-coder and other, similar places. Not sure if it's allowed here but you might be able to ask in the homebrew section.

I have a small, private company (consists of just myself and a non-developer) that can also do this but I'm not going to "pimp" myself here as it's not appropriate.

If you feel like learning, you can sign-up at developer.palm.com to learn more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark918v View Post
    Hey there,

Q: I copyrighted an idea for an App because I don't have the slightest idea of how to right programs. Does anyone out there have any ideas of how to get this App written?

Thanks in Advance for any input....

Peace,
    Chris
    shark918v
    So did you mail it to yourself in an envelope to copyright it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark918v View Post
    Hey there,

Q: I copyrighted an idea for an App
    Please do tell us how you copyrighted a nonexistant, nonpublished work. Or did you mean patent? I'd still love to hear how you patented an idea.

I enjoyed the laugh, so I'll add some value: if you have a marketable product idea, it shouldn't be too difficult in these economic times to hire a programmer to implement it for you. Expect to pay at least $30/hr, and keep in mind that even the smallest program is going to be on the order of 100 hours of work.

Then you'll need to support the application, and provide updates.

So I guess the answer is "money."