Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The attitude on this thread, makes me not want to help.. I owned a Go (past tense) but felt I wasted my money on something that was outdated before I opened the box.
  2.    #22  
    You know, I will apologize for my comments.

But this isnt a thread about how you hate the PSP Go or think its a waste of money.. or whatever. Im looking to get help connecting to the internet with my PRE..

I can respect others if they respect me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphemz View Post
    You know, I will apologize for my comments.

But this isnt a thread about how you hate the PSP Go or think its a waste of money.. or whatever. Im looking to get help connecting to the internet with my PRE..

I can respect others if they respect me.
    I tied in my criticism of the Go with answering your question, maybe you don't like it, but at least I tried to be helpful at the same time. I could have gone on even more about the Go, but I restrained.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I tied in my criticism of the Go with answering your question, maybe you don't like it, but at least I tried to be helpful at the same time. I could have gone on even more about the Go, but I restrained.
    Like i stated, i am sorry for acting like a D**k.

I just really want to get this working...
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Based on the responses you have gotten so far, I would say no it isn't working but your question would probably be better asked in a more PSP Go forum. There could be issues with the PSP Go that doesn't allow it to connect with SOME devices.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    Based on the responses you have gotten so far, I would say no it isn't working but your question would probably be better asked in a more PSP Go forum. There could be issues with the PSP Go that doesn't allow it to connect with SOME devices.
    I got it to work with the Instinct, which leads to me to believe that it might be an issue with the PRE.

Since this is one of, if not the biggest PRE community I was hoping there were more PSP Go and PRE owners that might have better luck and knowledge than myself.
    Not sure if BT tethering is possible but almost certainly not with Wifi. Sony use's it's own proprietary ad-hoc method which doesn't tether with the Pre's.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    any update on this situation? OP, were you able to solve this, I'm curious before I buy a psp soon.
  9.    #29  
    Fraz - unfortunetly I havent had any luck with this situation. I've emailed a bunch of places but no responses.

I always use my girls Instinct in order to get online. Im hoping the more people get the PSP Go the more important it will become.
    I would like it to work with the regular PSP-2000 model, but it won't detect the wifi on the pre.
    I've got a pre and a PSP Go and no success with MyTether. FYI MyTether works via bluetooth but I'm not sure why it doesn't work with the Pre...I wish I could have offered a solution but I'm just sharing my experience with the pre/Psp go. Hope we can get this working soon.
    why dont you just use your wireless connection to get online?
    Wow. It's crap like this that'll make someone asking for help flame-on and burn out any sympathy points from would-be helpers... but I certainly understand the op's frustration.

I hope you get it going op. I don't own a Go, but would you mind describing what happens when you make the attempt to connect?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    The problem is we need the pre to support DUN bluetooth connections...
    forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/188038-palm-pre-usb-tethering-dun.html

so anyone have a simple method for getting Bluetooth DUN to work?
    Just wondering if the op had any luck...my son got a psp go for christmas and i was hoping to use my pre so he could get online while we're in the car or on the go. I can pair the devices but thats as far a I can get. I am no techie but this seems like it should be a simple task. I've searched everywhere on the web with no luck.
  16.    #36  
    Sorry, I havent had any luck with getting it to work. I even stopped trying.

I just use my girls Instinct when I want to get online with the PSP.

I wish someone with the know-how gets a Go and figures it out..

This is something that I would even PAY to have it work...
    BT tethering is enabled in MyTether when the USB tethering is enabled. The WiFi sets up an adhoc network; Does the PSP Go support adhoc?
    With a cap of 5gigs, you think it's smart to game on a phone network connection?
    I have a PS3 slim & a 360 pro & I use the connection from my pre for their online services.

I had to connect to Pre with mytether through BT with my macbook. Then I am able to share the connection through my airport wifi. So both my Xbox 360 & PS3 Slim connect to the macbook through wifi & I am able to access online stores, play online, download content, etc.

So I am asuming this type of setup would work for any psp as well.

Oh & when my gf's htc hero didn't have a data connection she connected to my ghetto wifi as well lol.
    see im in the same boat. im bout to decide between the two psps and i have been in best buy countless times with no luck
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast