1.    #1  
    Hi everybody!

I've had the Innocase for about a week and a half. I've been using the Touchstone without a hitch for that time. Now the past two nights, the Pre is constantly chiming every 10 seconds or so. I've tried realigning it numerous times but to no avail.

I've searched the forums and see people have had similar problems. I saw a fix that involved removing the 4 magnets from the TS cover and taping them on the Innocase cover.

My questions is if this is still currently the best fix, or is there some other trick to making sure the Innocase-equipped Pre "sticks" better to the Touchstone, preventing the notification chime every 10 seconds while I'm sleeping.

Thanks!
    "Last edited by ChappyEight; 09/24/2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: To bow to zeravla."
    I had this problem and it turned out to the be the usb wire i was using.. i had lost the stock one.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    There really is no fix. My advice is if you need to have the phone on the TS all night just take off the back part of the innocase and let it sit on the original TS back. There are tons of theories but I think the combination of the slight separation caused by the innocase along with heat enduced expansion of the case material is causing the induction routine to restart over and over.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    agree with edlex. best option is to just take the back off.

I actually had a TS, and the night I put my innocased pre on it, the TS died. I have a theory that it was actually the case that killed it, although some here will disagree with me (If youw anan knwo what it is, just PM me). That said, removing the back is the best way to maintain your cool charging factor without worrying abotu it sliding off.
  5.    #5  
    Taking off the back is probably the best bet, thank you guys.
    "Last edited by ChappyEight; 09/24/2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: To bow to zeravla."
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugefunk84 View Post
    agree with edlex. best option is to just take the back off.

I actually had a TS, and the night I put my innocased pre on it, the TS died. I have a theory that it was actually the case that killed it, although some here will disagree with me (If youw anan knwo what it is, just PM me). That said, removing the back is the best way to maintain your cool charging factor without worrying abotu it sliding off.
    The fix I posted in the accessories forum has worked for me, without issue, since July... the heat induced expansion may contribute to YOUR issue, but the fix prevents it from reocurring. Removing the back part of the case every night will put unnecessary wear and tear on the tabs that hold the case on and ultimately, they will break.

YMMV

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
  7.    #7  
    So you just removed the 4 magnets and put them on the Innocase cover in the same spot right?

You use tape?
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    This is one of the reasons I haven't ordered an Innocase. They claim is works with TS but way too many people prove it's hit or miss.

Is it possible to use the Innocase front piece and keep the TS back piece? It's the front and screen of the Pre I'm most worried about protecting.
    I ended up returning the Touchstone because of this. I really did not want to return it because I love the convenience of placing my Pre on the charger but could not deal with the constant ding in the middle of the night. Taking the innocase back off is an option but I didn't want to do that for 2 reasons...(1) defeats the purpose of how convenient the TS is (2) the clips that hold the back on will eventually break.

I am considering purchasing the TS again if I could find a case that works well with it or maybe I will try the magnet move tweak.
    I had the problem, returned the TS and got a new one - new one does not ding cycle when it gets to 100%.

I'll add that I had the ding cycle problem whether the case was on or off.

There is definitely a "problem batch" or manufacturing tolerance problem with the touchstone. Still, I'm concerned that yours worked for a week and then stopped. I wonder how the TS would "wear out". I just figured it would either work or not.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    I had the problem, returned the TS and got a new one - new one does not ding cycle when it gets to 100%.

I'll add that I had the ding cycle problem whether the case was on or off.

There is definitely a "problem batch" or manufacturing tolerance problem with the touchstone. Still, I'm concerned that yours worked for a week and then stopped. I wonder how the TS would "wear out". I just figured it would either work or not.
    That's a totally seperate issue though. This is the Innocase compatability with a good working TS.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Truth is I never had a problem with my TS until I got the innocase. Since I don't leave it on all day or night it's not a big issue but can be really annoying.