Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Okay, I'm trying not to panic here but, for some reason, I cannot access my texts. I can tap on the text icon and when the Messaging screen comes up, I tap on a contact - to reply - but all it does is highlight the contact. I am able though to type a new text but, when I send it, it doesn't show me what I just wrote. The messages do go through though.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    What tweek did you put on?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    B4 the update I had:
    -4x4 icons
    -Hide Nascar/NFL app
    -E-mail/messenger in landscape

With the new update I added:
    -LED notification
    -Read/Delete all e-mails
    -Message fowarding
    -Auto-correct
    -Battery icon and % in top header
    -Virt. Keybrd click sound = click1.wave.

I THINK I KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS!!!

I took off all of the tweaks (one by one) and rebooted. I then went back into WebOSQI and in the System Mods tab, the box next to the Message forwarding and Read/Delete all REMAINS CHECKED! It has got to be something to do with it but what, I don't know?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Undo the messaging tweeks and then reboot. We'll go from there...post back.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Earlier today (@ 12:09 p.m.) I posted a thread regarding the lack of not being able to access my texts. The problem lies in the fact that, even though I uninstalled ALL tweaks, every single time I connect by phone and open up the (newly updated) WebOSQI, the "Read/Delete all E-mail" and the "Message fowarding" tweak are ALWAYS checked; that is they are still on my phone. Is there anyway to delete these tweaks that (i guess) are still on my Pre? HELP!!!
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    What version of WebOSQI did you use to apply the tweaks? 2.7 or 2.03?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    2.7, the latest.
    Hope you find a solution.

Note to all:
    If ones could give their threads a Title a little more descriptive than 'Help', it makes it easier for others looking for threads with answers to issues they might also be having.

Thanks,
    Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    You do not need to start a new thread about the same topic. Also, when posting threads, please use a title that accurately portrays your issue.

Edit - I wasn't quick enough. Thanks berdinkerdickle.

As for the OP issue, I haven't had the same issue you mention. However, I have had a similar one. I patched my Pre, and could not remove the patch. This is slightly different because there is no UI to add/remove my patch. I had run a script myself to patch my Pre, and when I tried to run a script to remove the patch, I got stuck.

For me, I had to use WebOs Doctor to reinstall the OS. I hope that you do not have to do the same, but it is always an option.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I asked you to post info back on the thread you started first....and you did not. Instead you felt the need to start another one when I was willing to help you in the previuos thread. Not a good way to handle your problems.
    <<merged>>
    Just call me Berd.