Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Why is it that I need to agree to an Eula just to see what apps are in the App catalog?

#6 is my favorite.

Palm reserves the right to modify the terms of the Agreement at its sole discretion at any time.

Why do I need to agree to this just to look at the Apps catalog?

Shouldn't each App have its own unique Eula instead?
    It gives them the ability to remove any apps from our phones, have control over what we add, it helps prevent us from adding "hacked" apps - no more freebies - Im guessing developers can also still add their own to it as well
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    This is typical stuff where app catalogs and mobile devices are concerned. PALM is covering their **** in a all contingencies fashion....I doubt this will be the last time they update the EULA. It's their party and they can do whatever they like. You want app catalog apps on your phone you have to agree.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/05/2009 at 10:44 AM.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    If you don't want to play by the rules then don't play.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    If you don't want to play by the rules then don't play.
    These aren't rules. They are bullying. You can't even look at the candy in the store until you sign an agreement that says they can take back any candy you buy, even after you ate it?

I didn't stand in line in June for a Kindle.
    It's pretty much standard for agreements.

Even where I work our Storage Agreement states that we can modify the Agreement at any time. We just have to notify you that we've done so.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    It gives them the ability to remove any apps from our phones, have control over what we add, it helps prevent us from adding "hacked" apps - no more freebies - Im guessing developers can also still add their own to it as well
    Atlanta is wondering who told you it will prevent hacked apps lol
    No thanks i do not want to read each and every person's individual set of bullying abiilties.. I'd rather it be soely from Palm..
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Palm didn't create Law or Lawyers, government did. Palm is simply protecting themselves in the same way all software vendors do.

As an example, when you purchased that new version of Windows, you didn't agree to the EULA untill you started installation. But if you disagree, you couldn't return the software.

Also, that candy store isn't licensing you the right to eat the piece of candy and your entrance to that store is already covered by Local, State and Federal law and consumer protection in which the business purchases liability insurance to cover any damages you may incur by shopping there. All things in which you didn't read or agree to. Atleast here, you get a choice.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    .....and here's another one of those theads.... The full moon never fails us the humor.
    I'm just trying to hit my 10 post mark... seemed like an easy one!
    lol this is too funny. hahaha.
    Probably.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    you should dress up like your avatar pic and show up at Palm HQ and demand to talk to Jon.
    If you just browse the catalog and don't download or purchase anything, then what does it matter what's in the terms of usage agreement? You have the ability to browse the catalog all you like without having to download anything. If you decide to download something, then you're bound to that agreement.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I bet your the only one that read it.
    I just accept every eula and move on. I'm pretty sure I've given my soul to satan in one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    Shouldn't each App have its own unique Eula instead?

Im sure they do!

unsubscribing
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Unfortunately pretty much all App Stores (including the iPhones) have very similar agreements. It's pretty lame but basically routine for companies.
    click yes to get this, click no and your SOL
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast