View Poll Results: Would you pay for a Hulu app?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!..bring it on at any price!

11 10.28%
  • Yes, but only if it's less than $10

27 25.23%
  • Yes, but only if it's less than $5

48 44.86%
  • Not interested in Hulu

16 14.95%
  • What's Hulu?

5 4.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I'd gladly pay for ad-free content. But the problem is that the current price of that is downright offensive. $3 for a TV show at Amazon/iTunes? $30 a season? For what? Files that take an enormous amount of space and that is DRM'd and can only be played on devices THEY approve of? If you want people to follow the rules then you simply can't make it more difficult to legally get content than it is to get it illegally.

What I've always felt is that the best option for both sides would be Subscription Based Television. Something like the Zune pass. Pay a monthly charge for commercial free streaming and even if it costs $40/mo that's still half of our cable bills.
    Zune Pass is awesome, period.
    personally, I wouldn't
    Your poll needs another choice: No.

I'm interested in Hulu, but would not pay. You should reformat your poll answers.

Hulu will probably block its content on mobile browsers. I don't really watch Hulu that much anyway.
    Wheres the "No, I like Hulu but I wouldn't pay for Hulu" I am interested in Hulu but why pay for it when it should be free? I can watch Hulu online for Free on the computer, it should be free on the mobile device as well. Though with cursed Hulu limitations they will just keep it locked down on the PC. (Hate when they blocked it from the PS3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I'd gladly pay for ad-free content. But the problem is that the current price of that is downright offensive. $3 for a TV show at Amazon/iTunes? $30 a season? For what? Files that take an enormous amount of space and that is DRM'd and can only be played on devices THEY approve of? If you want people to follow the rules then you simply can't make it more difficult to legally get content than it is to get it illegally.

What I've always felt is that the best option for both sides would be Subscription Based Television. Something like the Zune pass. Pay a monthly charge for commercial free streaming and even if it costs $40/mo that's still half of our cable bills.
    This is a great option...I'd get behind this! But the question is for the app that allows you to access the content on hulu. I presume the app creator has nothing to do with hulu.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    You're asking me if I would like to pay so a company can show me advertisements? Bah! Where is the "It should be free" option?
    The OP is asking if you'd pay for an app that allows you access to hulu.com. Hulu still has ads to pay for the content. Again, the OP probably is not affiliated with hulu, so there is two products that has to be paid for. 1) the App, which could be free with advertising or for pay (either subscription or one-time price). 2) Hulu.com which has its ads embedded into the content stream, which you cannot get around.

So answer the question like this: What am I willing to pay to access hulu.com from my webOS device?
    I'd rather pay for Cooliris since it integrates with Hulu already and they have an Iphone app for it so a pre app should be able to be down. With the Cooliris you can do more too!
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    where is the no option?
    Well I did think of adding a "no" choice but "no" implies that you will get it for free and since chances are they are going to block their content, getting it for free is probably not going to be an option. So based on that, either you pay for an app that gives you access or, you don't get it on your phone at all. Of course there's always free homebrew but since I'm not one of those who does any kind of un-official downloading (no offense or disrespect to anyone who does) I didn't include that as part of my thinking in the poll.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    You're asking me if I would like to pay so a company can show me advertisements? Bah! Where is the "It should be free" option?
    Okay, I gotcha, that makes sense. If the app is free, then one can accept the ads more readily. If one pays for the app, then one benefit of doing so would be to go without ads.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Zune Pass is awesome, period.
    Agreed. I've discovered and enjoyed more music via my Zune Pass than any other method I've ever used to get music. I have no idea if it's a viable model for video content given the much higher production costs, but if so, I'd be all for it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12