1.    #1  
    So my birthday is coming up this week, and my wife asks me "what do you want for your birthday?" To which I reply "I told you a couple of times that I'd like a Touchstone charger." Her response was "That'd be like giving vodka to an alcoholic..."

Perhaps an intervention is in order, lol
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conect11 View Post
    So my birthday is coming up this week, and my wife asks me "what do you want for your birthday?" To which I reply "I told you a couple of times that I'd like a Touchstone charger." Her response was "That'd be like giving vodka to an alcoholic..."

I see this in two different perspectives>>>
    1. She is a very smart woman who knows you well.
    2. She is jealous and YOU did not get her what she wanted for her birthday.
    Happy Birthday pal.
    HAha! I still need another touchstone for my desk upstairs! I hate moving it! So I might just get a second one my self!

Oh wait...When does this start? I need to join you :O
    Quote Originally Posted by equus View Post
    Happy Birthday pal.
    It's gotta be point 2.... and point 1 is the excuse.

Most women do not want power tools for their birthday...
    I would much rather have a gadget for my bday than a power tool. Getting a power tool is a bit like getting a broom or toilet seat. It's just one of those things you HAVE to have. My 'must haves' and 'want to haves' are very clearly separated, like chores vs. fun.
    Maybe she already got you the touchstone and is just trying to trick you
    Quote Originally Posted by Conect11 View Post

LOL, funny wives are fun.
    Chargeaholics Anonymous

Gotta have my daily charge.
    Ha ha. I really need one on my nightstand. Office, bedroom, car and office. On another note, I was at a dinner party with friends (about a dozen) and many of us were on our cell phones and that's when one of my iPhone junkies notices that most of us actually have Pre's. It was like 5 Pre's, 2 iPhones and other phones. Our Pre group starting singing "We are the champions". LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by thegeester68 View Post
    Ha ha. I really need one on my nightstand. Office, bedroom, car and office. On another note, I was at a dinner party with friends (about a dozen) and many of us were on our cell phones and that's when one of my iPhone junkies notices that most of us actually have Pre's. It was like 5 Pre's, 2 iPhones and other phones. Our Pre group starting singing "We are the champions". LOL!
    Haha! Nerds in Paradise!
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  11. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    If somebody is an alcoholic, I would think a bottle of vodka might an excellent gift!

It might be a bad thing to give somebody who's trying to stop drinking though... Are you trying to stop enjoying your Palm Pre?
    That's a classic! Kudos to your wife...

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I would much rather have a gadget for my bday than a power tool. Getting a power tool is a bit like getting a broom or toilet seat. It's just one of those things you HAVE to have. My 'must haves' and 'want to haves' are very clearly separated, like chores vs. fun.
    Depends on the level. If it was a nice Festool setup, power tools win.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by equus View Post
    Happy Birthday pal.
    actually, it might just be points one AND two.

The problem is she nevers tells me what she wants for her birthday. I'm just supposed to "know." I sense this is true of most marriages, lol
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    HAha! I still need another touchstone for my desk upstairs! I hate moving it! So I might just get a second one my self!

Oh wait...When does this start? I need to join you :O
    support groups should be popping up all over North America!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by wkpatel79 View Post
    Maybe she already got you the touchstone and is just trying to trick you
    no, when she says she isn't gettng me one, she isn't getting me one. =)
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by thegeester68 View Post
    Sprint needs a new commercial. Show an iphone, and say "want to find out where to upgrade to a Pre? There's an app for that!"

I kid, I kid.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    If somebody is an alcoholic, I would think a bottle of vodka might an excellent gift!

It might be a bad thing to give somebody who's trying to stop drinking though... Are you trying to stop enjoying your Palm Pre?
    point well taken