1.    #1  
    I don't know what the deal is, but it seems like that application to buy apps through Palm's App Catalog stalls on me. When I download and install, it pauses for a good 30seconds to a minute before the download process begins. Just now, opening the applications stalled, waiting for the screen to appear.

Is anybody noticing this? I've updated 1.2.1 and everything is a hot knife on butter, but this App Catalog. Filecoaster and Preware is flawless as usual.

If any ideas, please let me know... I tried searching for this, and I'm thinking I'm the only one...
    I am seeing this same thing. It always happens when clicking download, sometimes it stalls with the "touch" graphic still showing but usually not.
    I actually can't seem to download ANY app from the catalog. If I tap on the download button, it hangs for about 30 seconds then gives me the error that says not enough memory, delete installed apps. Even after deleting 10 apps previously installed, same error. Preware and Filecoaster work perfectly as well, just the official catalog. I was hoping I wouldn't have to use the Doctor (AGAIN!), but it seems like that may be the only solution.

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
    All I can say is "Me too". Downloads fail if I allow my screen (which is set to time out in 30 seconds) time out.
    I take pictures both under water and above. I talk about a bunch of stuff.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue. When I tap to download, the phone hangs for a little while. The download proceeds as it should, then it hangs a little during install. Afterward the app and everything else works fine. I'm going to try uninstalling all homebrew tonight and see what happens.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jai20 View Post
    I'm having the same issue. When I tap to download, the phone hangs for a little while. The download proceeds as it should, then it hangs a little during install. Afterward the app and everything else works fine. I'm going to try uninstalling all homebrew tonight and see what happens.
    I removed all the homebrew packages and the phone no longer stalls during download from the App Catalog. I'll try and isolate the issue later tonight.
    Yeah I'm wondering if it's one of the homebrew packages that does this. It's happening to me too. Only tweaks I have are landscape email and blinking light.
    I have many homebrew apps that I want to keep. I am too having this "Not Enough Memory" error. I really want the Weaher Bug app too. Hope there is a fix for this soon!
    It appears to be IPKG Package Manager. I removed that and all is good now.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    It appears to be IPKG Package Manager. I removed that and all is good now.
    I second that.

I installed only the Package Manager Service and downloads stalled. Removed it and everything's fine.
  11.    #11  
    bah humbug...isn't that required from the Preware app?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    mine completely freezes but eventually starts downloading and it stalls again while installing. frustrating but it's ok because i love the phone.

it's a hate and love game with the pre.
    I've uninstalled Preware and still get "Not enough Memory" errors while trying to install from the App Store 1.2.1. Please help this is driving me crazy!