Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I applied 3 tweaks , battery percent and the led notification and text forwarding and my is great.

Thanks to whom ever for the text forwarding!!!!!!!!
    So far. I believe my phone is Bricked for good.

Breakdown : Got the Pre three days ago. Updated and all that good stuff.

Got QI 2.6. Installed FileCoaster as well as Preware.

Had my fun with the patches and programs,etc

Restarted my phone, applied the patches I wanted, such as add pages, etc. The phone was working fine.

Now here is where I think I messed up.

Installed the 1.2.1 update, WITHOUT removing the patches. As well as updated any patches that where updated this morning. Restarted phone. Well, it shut off, but so far, no response at all. I have attempted the usual. Holding down the button, removing the battery, attempted to get the big usb screen for OSDoc. Don't really know how to use the whole Sym+Orange+ R thing, but attempted it, since I read it here. As well as the whole, hold the power switch and rock the button next to it back and forth 3 times, so a total of 6 movements.

And still. Stuck with nothing on my screen and no response.

Luckily, like mentioned earlier, it is within my first 30 days, so I will be taking it to RadioShack , play the dumb game and walk out with another one.

Disclaimer : After extensive reading, and my own self ridicule, I understand that I was at fault with all of this. I have searched up and down, I know there has been maybe one more person to run into this problem, but so far. No solution. If you, or anyone you know, may have run into this and found a fix before I head to the store, please, do share.

I do want to thank all the hard working people on the Homebrew front for the Pre. You have made the experience that much better. And thank you to anyone who has any type on information ahead of time.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by offdiskoolaid View Post
    So far. I believe my phone is Bricked for good.

Breakdown : Got the Pre three days ago. Updated and all that good stuff.

Got QI 2.6. Installed FileCoaster as well as Preware.

Had my fun with the patches and programs,etc

Restarted my phone, applied the patches I wanted, such as add pages, etc. The phone was working fine.

Now here is where I think I messed up.

Installed the 1.2.1 update, WITHOUT removing the patches. As well as updated any patches that where updated this morning. Restarted phone. Well, it shut off, but so far, no response at all. I have attempted the usual. Holding down the button, removing the battery, attempted to get the big usb screen for OSDoc. Don't really know how to use the whole Sym+Orange+ R thing, but attempted it, since I read it here. As well as the whole, hold the power switch and rock the button next to it back and forth 3 times, so a total of 6 movements.

And still. Stuck with nothing on my screen and no response.
    I don't mean to ask dumb questions, so please don't take offense, but did you have the Pre plugged into the wall outlet when you attempted to run WebOS Doctor? Could it be possible that your battery is dead?

See Jason's post (#13 above) for detailed instructions.
    No. For OSDoc. I followed different steps. One. Pop the battery out, plug in usb cable to pc, hold down the up volume, pop battery back, press power. Nothing.

Second one: Same thing as above, but no usb cable involved.

Third: Same thing, but had the ac adapter into the phone.

And No, battery is not dead, was using it this morning and was charging over night.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by offdiskoolaid View Post
    No. For OSDoc. I followed different steps. One. Pop the battery out, plug in usb cable to pc, hold down the up volume, pop battery back, press power. Nothing.

Second one: Same thing as above, but no usb cable involved.

Third: Same thing, but had the ac adapter into the phone.

And No, battery is not dead, was using it this morning and was charging over night.
    On third try, did you unplug the Pre from the power adapter (after the USB screen appeared) and then plug the Pre into the USB port on your computer?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    After everything is done being reset and it's running I'll update again. Thanks for the help so far everyone.
    Glad to hear. Any update from hu5t13man, did you get yours working again?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Ok so one last update. My phone is working again after successfully running WebOS Doctor, and all the data from my Palm Profile has been restored, contacts, email, notes (Was afraid I would lose my notes but no), but no browser favorites. :-/ Oh and just fyi, I've been able to install all the patches on WebOSQI without issue since the reset, perhaps there was something funky on my phone since the upgrade to 1.2.0 then.

Side Note: Internals still doesn't work, even with the clean WebOS 1.2.0 install...

Anyway I just got back from having two of my wisdom teeth pulled due to tooth aches I had over the weekend. So I may be a little off but gonna try and give a step by step of what I had to do to get it all working again, so not including how I bricked the phone. Hopefully this will help others to get their Pre working again if they have the same issue.

Please note these instructions are for Windows 7 64 bit but may work for Windows 7 32 bit as well.

1. Restart your computer
    2. Uninstall Novacom from your computer (Find it in Programs & Features)
    3. Download WebOS Quick Install and run it
    4. Let WebOS Quick Install download the latest version of WebOS Doctor
    5. Follow the directions on this thread... (Note the file name to delete will be slightly different but still easy to spot)
    6. Run WebOS Doctor, wait for it to ask you to connect your Pre
    7. Remove the battery from your Palm Pre
    8. Plug the USB cable into your computer and your Pre
    9. Hold down the volume up button and do not let go
    10. Install the factory Pre battery (You do not need to put the cover on)
    11. As the device powers up it will show a giant USB logo
    12. You may now let go of the volume up button

Note: If at this point you see Windows installing the device driver for your Palm Pre go back to the RUn WebOS Doctor step and continue from there after the driver is installed and you've closed WebOS Doctor.

1. Let WebOS Doctor restore your Pre, this will take about 15 minutes
    2. Wait for your Pre to boot up, this will take 5+ minutes, do not interrupt it
    3. Enter your Palm login info
    4. Let your Palm info sync to your phone
    5. Set up Dev Mode and WebOS QI and get back into homebrewing!

That's it! Hope it helps someone else to pull their Pre back from the edge. I'm sorry I lost my bookmarks but that's how it is with bleeding edge stuff like this.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Glad to hear. Any update from hu5t13man, did you get yours working again?
    Getting ready to try now... I just got home.. It sucked not having my pre with me today... I felt so naked and bored!
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Could somebody who experienced the issue please tell me what tweak you enabled (or disabled) that triggered the looping reset? I've asked before, but no one responded (I'd like to prevent other from getting this error asap).

Also, these are the instructions I posted in the WOSQI thread and may helpful here:

Instructions:
    1. Disconnect your phone from your computer.
    2. Download the current WebOSDoctor from the links in post #1
      • If the tool does not autorun after you download it, double-click the tool file in the location where you downloaded it.
    3. Select your language and click Next.
    4. Click Accept to accept the terms of use.
    5. After the tool finishes checking your system, click Next.
    6. Boot your phone into recovery mode:
      1. If your phone is on, turn it off by pressing and holding the power button and tapping Turn Off.
      2. If your USB cable is plugged into your phone's microUSB port, unplug it.
      3. Plug your wall adapter into a socket, and attach your USB cable to it.
      4. While holding down the Volume Up button on the side of your phone, plug your USB cable into your phone. Continue holding the button down until the USB logo appears on the screen.
      5. Unplug your phone from the wall adapter, and connect it to your computer.
        • You must connect your phone directly to your computer, not through a USB hub or other intermediate device.
    7. Click Next.
      • Warning: Do not disconnect your phone from your computer during the flashing process. Disconnecting the phone cancels the flashing process and may damage your personal information.
      • Note: If the battery level is low, the recovery process first charges your battery. This can take up to one hour.
    8. When the Reset Complete screen appears, click Done.
    9. Wait a few minutes for your phone to reset.
    10. Follow the instructions on your phone to either sign into your existing Palm Profile or create a new one.
    11. The reset is complete when Card view appears.
    Hey Jason. I think mine got stuck also with the spoof iphone tweak. Oddly, when I updated to 1.2.1 and the 2.72, I was gonna apply my tweaks then, that is when I noticed it was already checked! I know, (I think) I removed all of my tweaks before I updated everything... I was putting my favorite tweaks back on, like forwarding, and email/messaging landscape and a couple others. I noticed, it was restarting just fine when I was adding those back on. However, I really think it froze up on me when I went to remove the spoof iphone tweak just because I havent noticed anything different with it. I hope this helps you pinpoint the problem..

I am getting ready to try the solutions you guys came up with now. I will let you all know if it works or not. THX!!! You guys are the best!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZATZAi View Post
    Thanks. Strangely though this is not working for me. I remove the battery, and hold the volume up key as I put it back in and press the power button, all the while holding the volume up key. Tried putting the battery in and then holding the volume up key pressing power allowing it to turn on while holding the volume up key as well.

WebOS Doctor doesn't seem to be able to detect the phone when I plug it in.

I have gotten WebOS Doctor to detect the phone twice, I have to reboot the PC and rerun WebOS Doctor without the phone connected. Then after it's done checking the system it asks me to connect the phone, I do so and it detects it. It starts the repair process and I see it say charging battery with a progress bar at 0% (The battery is fully charged btw, but it is the Seido battery I'll try the factory battery too just in case). Anyway so it does that for a while then inexplicably it says the device was disconnected and asks me to reconnect it, of course it is still plugged into the cable. But this is where I see the giant usb symbol on the device, so I try to reconnect it to the PC and again WebOS Doctor can't detect the device... sigh

Anyway, I'm going to keep trying, restart the computer a few more times and switch over to the Palm Battery from the Seido 1350mah battery and let you guys know how it goes.

Edit:

Using this method is able to reliably get me the big USB symbol on my Pre. But my computer still can't detect the phone when connected, going to keep working on it.
    you have to be holding the up key before you plug in the usb cord
  11.    #31  
    Yoooo, You guys are cool as hell! My phone is fixed! Sucks I lost everything other than what gets backed up with my palm profile, but I guess the important thing is my phone is back up and running. THX Guys! Now time to try to put my tweaks back on!! LMAO!
    Mine looping reset today!! after install latest virtual keyboard on 1.3.5.1 via Preware.... I can't even past the palm logo... it goes to main screen in a second then restart again....

Unplug and re-plug the battery then hold the volume up button seems won't help!

Any clue here?... OMG! why such disaster patch can be available on Preware!!
    Hi, have had my Pre about two weeks, brand new from Ebay (UK).

Yesterday I installed Preware and some patches. It was working fine for about 8 hours, then while it was playing music (using pre-installed player), it started stuttering and then tried to restart!

Nothing I did would boot up the Pre so I ran webOSdoctor 1.4(webosdoctorp100ueu-wr.jar). I had trouble trying to get the software to recognise the phone, but followed advice and managed to get the doctor to complete its process. However, when it tries to boot back up it gets stuck on the palm screen and everything I have done won't get me passed this (eg: orange + sym + R, also taking the battery out and leaving it overnight. Can't remember what else I tried, but I was up until 2am this morning)!!!!!!

I have now run the doctor 3 times and I am absolutely stumped as to what to do next and I have no Palm warranty because it was an unwanted O2 upgrade so is not valid to a third party!!!!

Please help!
    Melanie

Forgot to say that when phone originally crashed it wasn't enabled in DevMode, so obviously I couldn't change it before running the doctor.
    Last edited by melaniepittam; 03/11/2010 at 03:17 AM.
    After many many times tried to do WebOS doctor... I success to re-flash my Pre. Bad news .... everything gone... especially the patches... I need to install them one by one again.... sigh!

I have some notes after my bad experience today and hope these infos can help others too:
    1. Don't flash Pre under Windows 7 32Bit.. it make WebOS doctor never success flash your Pre (stuck around in the middle of process around 50-60%)
    2. DO NOT install VIRTUAL KEYBOARD! it is BAD patch... I don't know why I tempted to install it today.. usually I avoid this patch..and never want to try once. The risk loss anything before you can backup not worth compared the advantage having this patch.
    3. Even WebOS Doctor not success installed on Pre (stuck in the middle of the process) , it never really "bricked".. pull out the battery and put in it again, hold up volume button while connect the Pre to PC will always bring Pre to USB mode and ready for re-Flash using WebOS Doctor. I already tried this several times until WebOS doctor success flash my Pre after I do it under windows XP , not windows 7 32bit.

Ok.. now I have a question.. hope someone here kind enough to give me info:

I'm using Pre Sprint far outside Palm marketing area... so you know.. I can't use any of sprint feature or app catalog or update. so usually I use cooked WebOS doctor to upgrade and to bypass the log in procedure. I want to know if WebOS 1.4 default don't force us to log in first time run the phone like previous webOS version?

My friend same with me.. but he said and claimed that his pre already updated to 1.4 without any bypass trick anymore.

So anyone know about this?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12