Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there an app to hide pictures like private pic on the iphone.. i have some pic on my phone that i would like to keep other people from seeing when they look at my phone
    If you have to hide your ****, you don't need it.
    Use Internalz homebrew app. Make a private photo folder with a "." in front of the folder name. Pics will no longer show in your pictures app.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    If you have to hide your ****, you don't need it.
    Do you seriously live by that rule? How does that make any sense? You really think people should never have secrets to themselves? Hell, maybe he keeps a picture of his wife on there that she let him take to cheer him up when he's feeling down. You're saying that because he doesn't want other people to see it, he shouldn't have it at all?
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Does she/he know you have it on your phone or does she/he even know you took it?
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    So how do you acces that folder later..without other people being to find it and view it ?
    there are a million reasons for this. Ever have proprietary info in your possession? This could include pics. There are many reasons to have this kind of info, even legitimately.

Thanks for the '.' tip, I will have to do that. Does it work with music/pdf/word doc also? Would love to have a volume I can navigate to, preferably without a bunch of fuss, that could contain all the 'sensitive' info I might have stored on USB.
    You know I'm reading this thread and I think private pic if he wants to keep something private okay. Then I realize, those before, along the way, and after shots they want you to take for P90X and other workout program are actually shots that I never carried on my iPod for this exact reason.

I'm 17 pounds lighter, but still have 10 pounds and some toning to go. I'd like to be able to carry those shots. I'm going to give this a shot and figure out how to use interalz. I have it installed, but have never used it.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Let us know how it goes....
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I would think people would want a pic lock..a lot of my previous phones had the option to lock pics....
    OK, guess I'll constructively contribute.

This is a perfect project for a homebrew kiddie. Use the cheapy method renaming files to start with a dot (.) so that the Pre basically ignores it. Create a WebOS app that requires a password to start up, and reads just the .files in a given folder...
    Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
    Let us know how it goes....
    The "." in front of the folder worked. Now I just have to find where I put those darn before pictures. I know they're on some external drive in some darn directory. Oh well thanks for the tip and idea. If nothing else, I can take shots of current to toned.
    Just post the pics here in this thread! No one will ever see them here!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    great idea note everything is for everybodys eyes (kids,exta)
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    So what is the step by step process you took, so everyone else can try it if they like. Hopefully an app or patch can be created to solve this problem out right.
    I would love this option. My Creative Zen mp3 player has this where I can password protect content with a 4 digit code. It has a option to hide or show content. If you select hide content it doesn't prompt for the password, but if you select to show content, you need the password and the info is available until you hide it again. It hides everything selected as private, so you don't have to do individual items. If I have it set to hide content, the folders dont appear. If I have it set to show, they appear with an "eye" icon that lets you know it is a secured folder.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    definately, I miss Applock from my treo.. we need an applock app for webos.. (listen homebrewers ) :0)
    Fyi, a . in front of the filename means that it's metadata. So if an OS decides it needs to store metadata for a file of the same-name, it'll just overwrite your image.

So, that might be a good idea.
  19.    #19  
    Thanks for all the replies...Yes they are private pic of my wife to carry around...We all know how people want to see your palm pre... Once you let them see it they start trying to see whats on it..If anyone find an app lets us know
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadnic View Post
    Do you seriously live by that rule? How does that make any sense? You really think people should never have secrets to themselves? Hell, maybe he keeps a picture of his wife on there that she let him take to cheer him up when he's feeling down. You're saying that because he doesn't want other people to see it, he shouldn't have it at all?
    Some people are really j**ks, just ignore them.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast