1.    #1  
    Man it was hard!! i could not make a whole sentence without an error already! Plus some of its keys are not working anymore.

Still, its was real hard to type on! AMazing how our fingers can adapt!

So to those not upgrading to the Pre and still hanging on to your Treos because of the keyboard... dont hesitate to try the Pre.... its hard at first but you will get used to it! Believe me!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Man it was hard!! i could not make a whole sentence without an error already! Plus some of its keys are not working anymore.

Still, its was real hard to type on! AMazing how our fingers can adapt!

So to those not upgrading to the Pre and still hanging on to your Treos because of the keyboard... dont hesitate to try the Pre.... its hard at first but you will get used to it! Believe me!
    Thats funny you said that, because I was using my wifes Rumor and the keys felt to far apart,I feel more comfortable with the closer keys now,How true it is how your fingers adapt .
    Last edited by whipple; 10/04/2009 at 10:16 PM. Reason: typo
    Yep, same here. I've picked up my old 755p a few times and the keys just feel clunky and slow to me now. I've come to appreciate the feel of the Pre keyboard quite a bit.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    have to be honest.. My 650 still feels better, but I have gotten used to the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by mahylo View Post
    have to be honest.. My 650 still feels better, but I have gotten used to the pre.
    how was the accuracy of your typing?
    I was surprised how fast I got use to the keyboard.
    When you master it you can fly through text, emails and web browsing.

Much much more quicker and easier then a virtual keyboard.

I downloaded the virtual keyboard app for my Pre and I was sooooo slow and there was so many errors. I just need the physical keyboard
    I gave my 755P to my wife when I got the Pre because that's how I roll!

I used it again the other day and the keyboard was fantastic. I never appreciated how good it was when I had it. The Pre keyboard is ok and I'm still adjusting to it, but it's no Treo keyboard!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I just recently picked up my 800W, which i considered was pretty small.. damn what a diff. today.. it feels like brick, but i still say that the 800 was the best keyboard i have ever used...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    how was the accuracy of your typing?
    Actually, better than the Pre. But the phone felt like a brick! But the keyboard was still great.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    i prefer the 755 keyboard to the pre... with the pre i feel like i'm reaching into a hole. 755 keyboard is obnoxious - but the keystrokes are crisp instead of squishy and the buttons are easier to distinguish.

i still use both - 755 for writing, and pre for everything fun.
    I hate the 755P keyboard, the buttons are so hard and fingers feel like its going to slip off the keys. The Pre keyboard feels very nice to type on. Still can't get rid of the 755P, such a great lil one handed device, and the soft paint, ohhhh yeah, very nice .
    I LOVED my treo 755, but I charged it so I could get some info I'd saved in a memo, and I had a hard time navigating. I kept trying to swipe the screen. LOVE my pre!!
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Ironically, I picked up my Palm Centro recently and started typing on it and thought that it was *MUCH* better than typing on my Pre.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mahylo View Post
    me too. A lot in my family still have 650's/700's/755p's (I pretty much got them all hooked), and I can still type significantly faster on them than on my pre, even after not using them for months. And I have blackberry curve for work, and the difference on there is substantial.
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Ironically, I picked up my Palm Centro recently and started typing on it and thought that it was *MUCH* better than typing on my Pre.
    Really? I did the same and thought "Wow, these keys are even smaller and closer together than the pre... I don't miss this much!".

I do miss some things about the centro. Mostly its a pain using PalmOS apps without a stylus on the Pre, but I'm adapting to it.

-bill