Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Here's one...

My exchange setup moves mail to different folders on the server. On the iPhone I can choose mail folders to "push". When mail arrives, I get the tone, but the badge doesn't show the count. I need to scroll down and "find" the folder where the mail was moved.

Is the Pre any better? I really don't want to start changing my Exchange rules, they work well for me right now.

Thoughts?
    I'm not for sure if the notifications come through but you can select folders in addition to your inbox to be favorites, i.e. put a star by them. To do so, just go through the tree list in e-mail for that account on your phone, and touch the "star" next to the folder. This will set the folder up as a favorite and place it in the same window as your inbox.

I'm not for sure if this is exactly what you're asking for but it might help get you started.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Thanks.. I think the problem lies in how the PRE or iPhone for that matter, connect to Exchange.

The Blackberry provides a single "universal" inbox similar to Outlook or mail.app where all unread mail can be found, regardless of the folder where it is filed. The PRE or iPhone don't and thus the "hide & seek" mail routine.
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    The Blackberry provides a single "universal" inbox similar to Outlook or mail.app where all unread mail can be found, regardless of the folder where it is filed. The PRE or iPhone don't and thus the "hide & seek" mail routine.
    Even Blackberry's aren't able to display an e-mail in the inbox if you've got a server side rule (speaking Exchange here) that moves the e-mail to a folder. I have several rules such as that and even when I had my BB 8830we with BES I wasn't able to read the e-mails that were moved into folders by a server side rule. If I was quick enough I could see them show up on the phone but they were only there for a split second (literally, less than a second) before they'd disappear.

The Pre does offer the "All Inboxes" view but I don't think that's what you're looking for.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    I think Trodecke is on the best track for you as you can choose to sync those specific folders that you have server side rules set up for.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trodecke View Post
    Even Blackberry's aren't able to display an e-mail in the inbox if you've got a server side rule (speaking Exchange here) that moves the e-mail to a folder. I have several rules such as that and even when I had my BB 8830we with BES I wasn't able to read the e-mails that were moved into folders by a server side rule. If I was quick enough I could see them show up on the phone but they were only there for a split second (literally, less than a second) before they'd disappear.

The Pre does offer the "All Inboxes" view but I don't think that's what you're looking for.
    That's not the case...

On the Blackberry, any folder that you have checked in "Folder Redirection" gets "delivered" to the inbox, regardless of Exchange rules. This starts from the point you select the folder.

In other words, you won't see old emails, but anything from that point on goes to the inbox. Once read, it gets filed in the folder, which you can still browse on the BB.
    I'm using Exchange 2007 and new emails are alerted if you follow trodeke's instructions. They have to be starred to be monitored in the favorites for the push alert.